We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar to Venice from Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
Eurostar to Venice from Florence

Is it possible with the same train ticket , to stay at one of the train stops, lets say Ferrara, and take a later train to continue to Venice. If so must it be the same day or can it be done as an overnight.

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Eurostar to Venice from Florence

Um, no, basically, I'm afraid.

With Eurostar tickets seat reservations are compulsory so your ticket will be for one specific train.

Even non-Eurostar tickets are only valid for a certain length of time after you stamp them in the machines on the platform, and I very much doubt that you'd be able to get off, see Ferrara and make it to Florence before that time ran out. And you're probably not allowed to in any case.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 27
2. Re: Eurostar to Venice from Florence

trenitalia.it/en/…4

Italian train tickets(only) are always valid with stopover(s ?), time limit depending on distance of the trip the ticket covers. In the original poster's case, 24 hours. Without a reservation, it shouldn't be a problem. So take the IC train instead, it's only slightly slower than a ES as only a portion of the trip is on fast speed tracks.

However I have a feeling that one might be able to change the reservation at the 2nd leg, as it specifically says reservation for ES tickets can be changed, and it says "until the departure of the train from the traveller's departure station" as opposed to "until three hours prior to the departure of the train from the ORIGINAL departure station" for the night trains.

Miami
3. Re: Eurostar to Venice from Florence

Thanks to both