We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence restaurant with white-haired chef?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Florence restaurant with white-haired chef?

I need help! This is a strange request, but I have been told to be sure to eat at a restaurant in Florence that has a very flamboyant white-haired chef (or possibly owner?). The problem is, I don't know the name of the restaurant or where it is, just that it is really great but off the beaten path. I leave for Europe this Saturday. By chance, does the "long white hair" ring a bell with anyone who can tell me the name of the restaurant? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

UK
reviews: 1
11. Re: Florence restaurant with white-haired chef?

La Geostra !!!!!!!!!! (Carasel in english - if I've spelt that right) what a lovely restaurant ! My most favourite ever(for atmosphere and service not to mention the vast amounts of food)we had wine and a three course meal and thought it was pretty reasonable. Advice - you'll receive a complimentary appitizer before your meal, it's big ! take that into consideration before ordering your primi pasti, and secondi pasti.. well worth it

Florence, Italy
reviews: 10
12. Re: Florence restaurant with white-haired chef?

Hi,

I am a local and to be honest I have never heard about La Giostra, but many foreign people actaully teach me a lot in this forum and I will bookmark this place. I am always happy to recommend to my guests Giovanni in via del Moro ( one of the 2 Latini brothers ) but will surely recommend la Giostra and then I might get back in the forum with " fresh " candid news.

ciao

Luciano

( apparently I am among the few ones not using a nick name )