We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca to Florence from Cinque Terre?

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 6
Lucca to Florence from Cinque Terre?

Hi All:

Planning a 16-Day Italy trip next April and trying to minimize too much moving. We were planning to spend 3 nights in Cinque Terre then head to Florence for 4 nights, taking a day trip to Lucca. BUT I realize Lucca is enroute to Florence from Cinque Terre and it seems to make more sense to stay a night in Lucca rather than backtrack later? Is this a good idea? Is it possible to find lodging for one-night (we will be 3 people)?

Also, since it's April, I wonder if 3 nights is too much for Cinque Terre (the weather?). Should we cut it down to 2 nights, go to Lucca earlier, and add a night to Florence (we'd probably day trip to Siena with the extra day) or add a night to Rome at the end of trip?

Here's a quick breakdown of our full itinerary right now, if that helps:

Venice - 3 nights

CT - 3 nights

Florence - 4 nights

Rome - 4 nights

Thanks!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Lucca to Florence from Cinque Terre?

I wouldn't stay in Cinque Terre at all in April. If you based in Lucca for 2-3 nights, if you got decent weather, you could jump on the train and go for a day trip.

albuquerque
reviews: 17
2. Re: Lucca to Florence from Cinque Terre?

The last 2 Aprils have been quite chilly and rainy. I too think you would be better to spend several days is Lucca. There is plenty to do there. As Peggy says, if you get a couple of good days you could always add this in, especially if you have a car.

Should be no trouble finding a hotel in Lucca in April for a few nights (or for just 1 night if you decide on that).

3. Re: Lucca to Florence from Cinque Terre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 02, 2014