We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southsea
Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

Good morning all,

My girlfriend and I are embarking on a 10 night trip to Italy, whereby we'll be flying into and spending a few nights in Rome, then making our way to Florence for a couple more nights after which we're looking to rent a car and base ourselves somewhere in Tuscany before driving to Pisa and flying home.

We have everything booked bar where we're going to stay in Tuscany. Ideally we'd like somewhere with a rustic/relaxed feel, we're thinking of an Agriturismo, but would prefer somewhere that is within an easy reach of a town so we can get food and drink in the evening, so would prefer not to drive. I'm struggling to find anywhere that ticks those boxes though. Can anyone suggest somewhere?

Many thanks

Southsea
1. Re: Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

Any advice?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

The problem is that almost all the attractive towns are at the top of long, steep hills. The agriturismi are down on the plain on the good agricultural land. This means that the agriturismi are generally not a convenient walk away from the town.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
3. Re: Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

Yep, finding a countryside location within easy and safe walking distance of a town is what everyone wants and few find.

Southsea
4. Re: Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

Hmmmm, I was starting to think that might be the case.

5. Re: Travel Plans - Rome - Florence - ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2014