We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Books set in Tuscany

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 36
Books set in Tuscany

I'm visiting Tuscany this summer and am looking for novels set there. I've found two on Amazon -- The Past Lies Waiting by David Treanor and A Death in Tuscany by Michele Ferrara. Any other recommendations?

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Books set in Tuscany

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k63539… - and loads of other questions on the same topic. Plus websites devoted to different types of book (e.g. detective stories)/set in specific countries/regions that will come up using a search engine.

Savannah, GA
reviews: 15
2. Re: Books set in Tuscany

DIARY OF FLORENCE IN FLOOD by Kathryn Kressman Taylor. Not a novel, but reads like one. Riveting and gives you lots of "frames of reference" for Florence. This book is out of print, but easily found on used book sites.

Alexandria, VA USA
reviews: 63
3. Re: Books set in Tuscany

The Cielo by Paul Salsini. Fabulous read and the first in a trilogy that runs from WWII to the '60s.

Northumberland
reviews: 106
4. Re: Books set in Tuscany

Hi - I always get my "novels set in" from www.tripfiction.com and here is a link specifically for novels set in Tuscany. Have fun choosing! …blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/travels-in-tuscany-i…

Florence, Italy
5. Re: Books set in Tuscany

Another book about Florence in the 1966 flood is "Dark Water" by Robert Clark. But it's not halfway as personal and, therefore, involving as SavannahMame's excellent suggestion, "Diary of Florence in Flood"! Definitely worth hunting down!

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
6. Re: Books set in Tuscany

It's not a novel, but War in Val d'Orcia is an excellent story of WWII in and around that area.

Toowoomba, Australia
7. Re: Books set in Tuscany

Jerry, I have just bought " War in Val d'Orcia " at an op shop and looking forward to reading it. I really enjoy reading books, whether novels or non fiction, about areas we have visited or would like to visit. Keeps me going between trips!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 42
8. Re: Books set in Tuscany

There are some really good books by Allan Parker a New Zealander who lived in Tuscany, , 2 I know of are Ciao! Tuscany and Seasons in Tuscany, these may not still be around, but really good if you can find them,

Oxford, United...
reviews: 36
9. Re: Books set in Tuscany

Thanks you very much to everyone for those really helpful suggestions -- given me lots of ideas!

Florence, Italy
10. Re: Books set in Tuscany

Speaking of Iris Origo (War in Val d'Orcia is fantastic!), also read her fascinating "The Merchant of Prato" for a really good glimpse into the life of a rich Tuscan businessman just at the end of the Middle Ages. Totally enthralling!