We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cammino di francesco

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate New York
cammino di francesco

Anybody out there who has walked this path of St Francis?

15 replies to this topic
Perth, Western...
reviews: 220
1. Re: cammino di francesco

We only know about this path from Eastern Tuscany down south to Rieti.

www.camminodifrancesco.it

Massachusetts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
2. Re: cammino di francesco

Hi hgaran,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the Trapani forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Tuscany forums. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Salt Lake City, Utah
3. Re: cammino di francesco

I have walked Il Cammino di Assisi, from Dovadola (near Forli) south to Assisi. Part of that route overlaps with a Cammino di Francesco, but I believe there are multiple routes. Where exactly are you wanting to walk?

Upstate New York
4. Re: cammino di francesco

Isn't the Cammino di Assisi the same as the Cammino di Francesco?

What is the official website? I'm in the very beginning of planning stages. Have to learn all about it.

How many miles/km is it? Are there places/hostels/convents to sleep?

Which guide book did you use? Map?

I'd love to talk to you if you live in the States.

Thanks for responding.

Helena

Upstate New York
5. Re: cammino di francesco

I plan to walk the Cammino di Assisi entirely. Starting in Dovadola and ending in Assisi.

Some days seem extremely long, more than 30 km. Is there a way to cut those days in half?

Please let me know if there are any blogs or other information about this pilgrimage.

Thank you

Upstate New York
6. Re: cammino di francesco

Hello Fatima:

thanks for replying to my request. I plan to walk from Dovadola to Assisi. So, that should be the same route you did.

I have walked the Camino of Santiago de Compostela but understand that the one in Italy is more demanding. I'm in good shape but will be almost 72 years young. Some of the days are over 30 km. Is there a way to cut those days in half and to find a place to sleep along the way?

Did you write a report on your pilgrimage? I would love to read it.

Any advice?

Is it really necessary to have a cell phone?

Please keep in touch, and send me any information.

Many thanks.

San Jose, California
7. Re: cammino di francesco

The Cammino di Assisi trail goes through the back of my house. It is well marked with yellow "T" or Tau symbols on trees, fences, poles, etc. I have never walked it (I just watch all the hikers walk through) but I would imagine that in some areas, yes you could break it up so long as it is not in a more remote area and there are hotels or rifugi for you to stay. For example the area between Sansepolcro and Citta di Castello is 29km but it is relatively flat and it is a more populated area so you could break it up and find a place to stay perhaps. And Yes, I would bring a cell phone, especially if you are walking by yourself. Some areas are more remote than other and if something happens, you will want to call for assistance.

This might be of interest to you.

camminodiassisi.it/EN/tappe-e-percorsi.html

There are rifugi along the way. This link gives the rifugio name and contact info.

http://www.camminodiassisi.it/EN/rifugi.html

Upstate New York
8. Re: cammino di francesco

thank you for the info. Happy to hear that the 29 km day is relatively flat....

I'm still looking for a report/blog by past pilgrims, so please, keep me in mind when you come across any.

Pax et Bonum

Helena

9. Re: cammino di francesco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, June 03, 2013

reviews: 38
10. Re: cammino di francesco

We live on the camino di fracesco near Piediluco. Previous post gives info. If you go that way, and there are lovely sections, let me know if more info required. Ver hilly, small lakes, lot of abbeys.

Reply to: cammino di francesco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted