We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Well, it just tastes so much better right after booking.

Flights are booked although much earlier than originally planned. Flying to Florence Late June, out of Rome 12 days later. Got nothing else booked so far. Let the research commence..

(psssss, who are the foodies on this board)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 11
31. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

I goofed in my last post saying "I have used them" when referring to SleepinItaly - I meant to say I have NOT used them. Oops.

Lancaster, NY
reviews: 2
32. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

This is all such great help, thanks. Ziggy, I will be in Tuscany for a week starting 6/22 and then onto Rome for 4 nights. I also am looking for a place to stay for 8 women. Let me know what you find, I like the idea of an apartment and will look into Momcats suggestion. I can't wait to eat in Italy, hehehe !!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
33. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Just an FYI: there is a ton of info on the Rome forums about apartments people have rented in and recommendations. I've only stayed in one rental and that one is booked out for what looks like the rest of the year, though not surprised.

Ziggy - if you want more input on your choice, you may want to start another thread with a different title - some people may not be stopping in because it doesn't relate to that question - when I first read it, I thought it was someone looking for the best bottle of that wine - but that was, of course, before I saw it was you and then it all made sense.

Sydney
reviews: 12
34. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

I second (or third) the lateria a recommendation - it's been 10 years since we visited Rome and I can still remember the taste of their bufalo mozzarella!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
35. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Hopefully Eataly will not "Eat" too much into the Laterias of the world

Update: Considering Trastevere Colors in Trastevere

Other considerations: B&B Roma Central, Home Suite Rome

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
36. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Oh, I like the look of Trastevere Colors - I love that area/neighborhood - a lot; this one is somewhat further southwest, but still very manageable to sites; it looks really lovely. (If you choose this one, I will look forward to hearing about it from you).

They all look nice - not a fave of location of B&B Roma but that's just personal preference; the Home Suite Rome looks like you could get a very nice amount of space, more than the other two? And, location wise - in popular areas, not quite as "residential" as the location of the one in Trastevere but, of course, residents live in all these areas just the HSR has three places smack in the middle of three popular spots. Edit: The Piazza Navona one looks to be right on the Piazza which would give me giant pause - it is a big, busy, noisy piazza with all sorts of stuff happening pretty late into the night - but, you might like that if you have the little terrace that appears in the photo - if I am seeing that correctly.

Good options! Seems like a decision of best for the money and the needs of your family (space wise).

All good on air conditioning? I am assuming yes if you are considering them.

Edited: 11:38 am, March 08, 2013
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
37. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Booked Trastevere Colors with a hefty cancelation penalty. This looks like exactly what I was looking for, the sort of "Left Bankish" feel, I think.

So now all the hotels are booked. Time to start looking at meals, followed by attraction itineraries around the meals ;)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
38. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

It's never quite exact, of course, but I have always felt Trastevere was somewhat akin to the East Village, while Campo de'Fiori, more the West Village - so, I do get the "feel" you have about the neighborhood.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 21
39. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

You won't see firemen in Rome unless there's an actual fire in your neighborhood. Unlike the US, Italy has large firefighting establishments that are not right in the neighborhoods. The nearest firefighting establishment to us in 18 km away. If there were a fire, the police would be the first responders.

By the way, folks, it may not matter much, unless you're googling, but it's "latteria", not lateria. They sell milk (latte) and anything made from milk.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
40. Re: Best Zaccagnini Montepulciano bottle EVER!!!

Policemen jogging around the block with short shorts like in Paris will do just fine!

bvlenci you probably dont remember this but 3 years ago you told me to visit Le Marche for its cuisine. It sort of got stuck in my mind after my trip to the north. Perhaps next trip will be some sort of Emilia Romagna/Le March combination. Glad to see you here again

Momcat as you know East Village is one of the best food neighborhoods in the country. Hopefully the similarities will start there, and if not I'm totally ok with that.