We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking schools in Tuscany

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Cooking schools in Tuscany

Hello,

My friend and I are considering doing a 3 day cooking school in Tuscany and then staying somewhere in the heart of Tuscany for 4 more days but after doing some research I was wondering if it wouldnt be a better idea to just take a cooking class at wherever we stay and book someplace for 7 days? Not spend the high cost of cooking school. Or if some of you have done a cooking school is it worth it?

Thanks

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

"a better idea to just take a cooking class at wherever we stay and book someplace for 7 days" - this could be a very good idea - why lose your valuable vacation time packing and moving? Here's a possibility: www.cetinelle.com/cookinglessonsintuscany.htm

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

I'd stay in one place and do both, we did this several years ago and had a blast. We cooked in the morning, ate what we'd made for lunch, then had the afternoons free to sightsee.

http://tuscanwomencook.com/

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
359 reviews
3. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

I would think that it would be more convenient to stay in one place and take cooking classes there, although the cooking classes are still on my "to do" list.

We stayed at this lovely place http://www.villapoggiano.com/ and I know that the owner, Stefania, can arrange for cooking classes. If Villa Poggiano would work for you, perhaps shoot Stefania an e-mail and ask for specifics. She communicates perfectly in English.

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

I would agree on staying in one location.But you might be better off choosing an non cooking location and have the cooks come to you to keep overall costs down.

You might want to give Gabriella an email.

mama.gabriella.toscana@gmail.com

A few years back we had her come and teach us at our villa.

I don't know what she's doing these days but my wife researched the cooking courses before we booked.One irritation that she told me about was that it seamed that many courses were offering fewer actual cooking and teaching hours in the kitchen and more time wasting exercises in going to a market etc.

We had a 4 hour day course and what we prepared we ate. At around 80 euros per person we had no complaints.

Regards

John

michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

Looking for specific rec. on cooking schools,not gourmet, that include lodging in area around San Gimignana, Sienna, or other suggestions. Also, does time of year matter? (Love those tomatoes.)

Edited: 2:10 am, January 30, 2013
6. Re: Cooking schools in Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 01, 2014