We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 15
Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Italy and will have approximately 1 week set aside for Tuscany. We will have a car rental for this portion of our trip to get around the region. My question is odd, admittedly, but I'm hoping someone can help. A few years ago I spent some time in Provence (France) and especially loved one of the towns we stayed in - St-Remy-de-Provence. I loved the laid back vibe, the amenities, the size of the town, the historical interest and the close proximity to other nearby areas of interest. Is there anyone who has been to both St-Remy and Tuscany who can suggest a Tuscan town with similar features and conveniences?

Vancouver, Canada
11. Re: Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

Based on the responses I've received, as well as the quick research I've done today, it seems that Montepulciano might be our best option for a base. Now it's a matter of figuring out where we'd like to day-trip to.

Thanks again!

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 2
12. Re: Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

That's easy as virtually every town within a 100 km radius is worth a visit!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 321
13. Re: Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

Myrtle, your problem of choosing day trips is what I need just about now!! :)

Get Michelin Green Guide for Tuscany and if you follow its star system (*, **, or *** towns/villages), you cannot go wrong. Also, I would suggest that you get a hold of Touring Club Italiano map of Tuscany for ease of orienting yourselves on those day trips.

You will have a fabulous time!

Vancouver, Canada
14. Re: Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for the tips ~ I'll be sure to look for those!

15. Re: Odd request .. any suggestions appreciated.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014