We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashdod
reviews: 7
Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

My son plans to visit Tuscany at the beginning of May, with his wife and 5 months infant. They will stay in Florence , visit it and then will rent a car to travel to South (till Rome- at airport).

After leaving Florence, when they will rent a car, will be for first 3 nights with another family and they are interesting to rent for this part a villa in a nice village and to make day trips from there.

My questions are regarding the part after leaving Florence.

They consider visiting, in 8 days:

- San Gimignano

- Volterra

- Pisa

- Siena

- Arezzo

- Cortona

_ Montepulciano

- Orvieto

- Bagnorecio

They would like to stay in 2 (max. 3 ) places and make day trips.

I hope you can help with advices regarding where to stay, what from above list to visit from each place where we shall stay.

Do you recommend to delete some places in above list or to replace them by another?

Thank you in advance.

Ashdod
1. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

Any recommendations?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
2. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

It is extremely busy and a lot of driving for anyone, let alone a couple with a baby. Personally, I think they are trying to do way too much and over too much of a distance. This is the reason I didn't reply earlier, because I find it difficult to recommend bases when their plan is so very busy.

They will find it hard to book a villa for less than 7 days, so perhaps they should look for an agriturismo.

Do they know about the limited traffic zones operated by all these places, which means they cannot drive into the centre? They will have to park outside the zones and walk in.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 18
3. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

He might want to consider staying somewhere around Siena which is more or less in the center of the areas he would like to visit or stay north of Siena for a few days and then stay south of Siena for the remainder. Pisa is not a full day trip necessarily so he may want to include Lucca on that days travels.

Ashdod
4. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

Thank you for advices.

Lucca seems to be a very nice town.

Peggy, thanks for reminding me about villa renting for at least 7 days. I hope they will find something good in agroturismo.

Thanks again.

5. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:06 am, February 10, 2013
Destination Expert
for Naples
reviews: 13
6. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

We stayed in a fabulous agriturismo in Montepulicano Stazione called Le Manzinaie (http://www.lemanzinaie.it/). It's a great place for visiting many of the towns on your list (Siena, Cortona, Montepulciano,Arezzo and Orvieto are all within an hour's drive).

London, United...
7. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

Tripadvisor provides an extensive collection of itineraries: tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187893-Tuscany-Vaca…

8. Re: Tuscany - itinerary -- please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 01, 2014