We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, VA USA
reviews: 62
Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

Planning our summer trip. We will be staying in a villa near Lucca for a week and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good boat charter companies that we can hire for a day on the coast. We had a fabulous time doing this in Sorrento two years ago and would like to do something similar.

All suggestions welcome!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

I don't know of any charter companies in Viareggio, though there may be some. However this could be rather a long trip for a very small boat.

http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/ runs day-trips from Viareggio to the Cinque Terre by larger boats during July and August. Times for 2013 are not yet online.

Edited: 5:10 am, January 06, 2013
Lake Macquarie...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

Perilizia,

I was looking on older posts wanting information on ferry from Viareggio to Cinque Terre and came across your post. I am enquiring for the month of May.

As you mentioned 2013 timetables are not yet on line.

We also are staying for a week in a villa just outside of the walls in Lucca and thought that it would be different to get the train to Viareggio and then the ferry to spend one day in Cinque Terre.

I would appreciate your feed back and this may also help with Twocoasts' question.

Thanking you.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

You can go by train - see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html and enter Lucca and the name of a particular Cinque Terre village. e.g. Monterosso, as each have train stations.

If you have a villa you probably also have a car, and if so it might be easier to drive and park next to la Spezia train station.

Lake Macquarie...
4. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

Thank you for your quick response!!

I have previously noted all of the train departures etc from Lucca to Monterosso (this had been my first choice) but thought that it might be nice to do the train to Viareggio and then the ferry.

I have read that it is lovely to see Cinque Terre from the ferry trip.

If you have any experience of this, I would love to know your opinion or others that may have done it this way.

Thanks.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
5. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

The ferry would be lovely, but I'm not sure they run from Viareggio in May. Might only be in July and August, though don't know.

Ferries from la Spezia to Portovenere and Portovenere along the Cinque Terre to Monterosso are certainly running in May.

Lake Macquarie...
6. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

Hello again,

Thank you for the info re ferry maybe not operating in May.

We will visit Cinque Terre either way, so will check out closer to our dates.

Cheers.

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

If ferries are not running from Viaraggio in May sugggest get train via La Spezia to Monterosso , then take ferry to Portovenere via the other CT villages and bus to La Spezia, returning by train to Viaraggio. Would be a full but great day out .

8. Re: Boat tours from Viareggio to CinqueTerre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014