We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

Hello,

My fiancé and I would like to get married in Tuscany in June 2013. Our budget is $10,000

(approximately 8,000 euro), to cover the following:

• Accommodations in a villa for up to 18 people for 3 nights.

• Protestant wedding ceremony (in a church with music)

• Wedding Cake

• Flowers

• Photographer

• Hair and Make-up for the bride

We will not require a reception after the ceremony, but would like to have a nice dinner near the site of the ceremony. The cost of dinner will be paid for from separate funds than the above stated budget.

I've read what seems to be good info in some of the forums, but as time is of the essence, I thought that I'd ask directly as well. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited: 11:33 pm, June 25, 2012
13 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

Where in Tuscany?

2. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:12 am, June 26, 2012

Chicago, Il
reviews: 27
3. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

JC - You need a wedding planner - Contact http://www.happening.it/ and talk to Mascia who help us with our wedding. They were very good to and reliable. The wedding planners do need deposits my wire transfer so be careful. My wife and I were married in Vinci under the olive tress for a small price compared to Florence. It took about 2 months for us to get the paperwork done in the US. it’s worth the work to get married in Italy.

8,000 Euros may not be enough if you are adding in a villa for 3 nights for 18 people. You can PM me on here if you have any questions

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
4. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

JC: You might want to remove your post that includes your email address as that inclusion of it invites spam. You could then repost the same post but without the email address. You can ask people to contact via a private message here on TA - which is easy to do; you just click on the person's username (in this case, yours) and it will take you to the option of sending a private message.

Given the many thousands who read these forums/threads, putting your private email out there is just not a good idea.

If you want to do this, just click on "Report inappropriate content" and choose "remove my post" from the options that you will be shown.

Chicago, Il
5. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

JC check your mailbox on here. The upper right where it says "your tripadvisor" there should be a message for you. I will help you out as best as I can to get you off to a right start.

Baton Rouge...
6. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

"Where in Tuscany?"

In an attempt to be realistic with the budget, we are flexible on location and open to suggestions. It doesn't even necessarily have to take place in Tuscany. I've read that Umbria is beautiful and may be less expensive.

A recurring issue of concern is that many of the villas only rent for a week at a time. Any suggestions to get around this would be appreciated also.

I can also be contacted directly at via PM, if someone would like to send over information.

Thanks again!

Chicago, Il
7. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

Find the town first for the wedding than look at websites such as homeaway for a rental

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
8. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

JC,

This might help tripadvisor.com/…38602514

Maccagno, Italy
reviews: 5
9. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

I know Silvia Gualengi personally, http://www.celebrationintuscany.com/, and she will plan a wonderful wedding for you!

New York City, New...
10. Re: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany

Try these guys for the music, they are excellent!

http://musicanozze.altervista.org

Reply to: Nice, budget wedding in Italy, preferably Tuscany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted