We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany Now

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford
Tuscany Now

We had a nightmare with Tuscany now. I would not recomend them at all. The villa we stayed in was shabby, nothing worked, the electrics kept on turning off. The response when we got back was appaling. They charged us 80 euros when we left for going over the amount of electricity we were supposed to use - how unbelievable! Also the MD ignored every complaint we made about the villa and sided with the owner. It even got to the point where he became rather rude to me, accusing me of all sorts that was complete rubbish. He then asked for us to pay an aditional 250 euros for damages to a sunbed, which fell apart at the seams.. when you have 2 old but working sunbeds for 10 people, what do they expect. All in all the holiday was a good one, the villa wasn't great but we made it work. The treatment I received when I came home was appaling and I would never ever recommend tuscany now as a company to anyone, even my worst enemy.

27 replies to this topic
11. Re: Tuscany Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, November 08, 2012

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 1
12. Re: Tuscany Now

We had the same issue with Simon at Tuscany Now siding with the owner of the property. I sent him examples of issues but he chose to ignore. I would not book with them again.

Terrible supplier Tuscany Now.

13. Re: Tuscany Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, December 02, 2012

Peoria, Illinois
14. Re: Tuscany Now

We had the same issues with Tuscany Now. Our Villa had beautiful views but the house and grounds needed cleaning. We were promised internet but did not have it but the owner had it had his home (right next to us). When we complained Tuscany Now sided with the owner against the 8 of us. I should have notified my credit card to stop payment then Tuscany Now would have paid attention.

Sydney. Australia
reviews: 42
15. Re: Tuscany Now

Gosh! We have used Tuscany Now 6 times and have never been disappointed. We have always found the properties as described and good value. We had an amazing house in Sicily last year with the most delightful and helpful owners that made our trip so enjoyable. Another propery we had in Umbria was also spectacular but a little tired and I see that it has now been removed from the website whilst it is being bought up to scratch. That said the owener was helpful and in no way did the condition of the property affect the 'quality of our stay. A previous poster commented on the unreliability of the Italian electricity supply and unfortunately this is true. Water supply with poor pressure is also often an issue. I must admit I am really surprised with the comments. I wonder if the price of their properties affect the level of service - we tend to go for the higher priced properties although of course price should not determine the level of service received. Maybe we have been lucky in our selection so far! We have booked another two properties this year so we'll see how that goes!

Israel
reviews: 12
16. Re: Tuscany Now

I booked for the first time with Tuscany Now, and found these reviews only after completing the booking and paying the deposit.

I have never seen such terrible reviews of a supposedly reliable and trustworthy booking site, and was actually quite shocked. In an attempt at verification, I contacted them with several queries, including a request for the address and contact information of the property I had booked. At first they said supplying the contact info was against their policy, but later relented and forwarded it to me.

I must say I was surprised by their very positive response, which was far better than stated in most of the reviews here, and actually left me feeling slightly optimistic about the whole holiday.

I am hopeful that everything will be as expected and stated on their site, and will post a review once we get back in September.

London, United...
17. Re: Tuscany Now

One person of my group had already posted about this on tripadvisor, but I just wanted to share what happened to us in October 2012 when we rented a villa in Castellina del Chianti through Rentvillas.com. The day of our arrival, the villa's gatekeeper told us we would not be able to enjoy more than 1 week of our 2 week holiday, which had been previously booked and fully paid directly to the website account (Rentvillas.com) in the US. The gatekeeper told us (in perfect English) that the owners of the website ( Rentvillas.com ) had not fulfilled their payment to them (with our money!) and were overdue in other payments as well. We felt horrible, The website was holding back our money! The situation caused a lot of stress in our family, including our 2 toddlers. We called the website in the US directly using our cell phones, but being a Saturday we got voicemail. The situation was only solved after we scraped together EUR1000 to give the the gatekeeper. It took us 60 days after the end of our holiday, and dozens of e-mails and phone calls (many of them ignored by Barbara and Maribel, the salespersons), until Rentvillas.com reimbursed us and admitted their horrible mistake. Not all the money was reimbursed to us...they kept their booking fee! Later on we were also told we overpaid Rentvillas.com by several hundred dollars. A nightmare!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 8
18. Re: Tuscany Now

i have used Tuscany Now twice and both times have had exceptiona; customer service and our villa was beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend them and would make sure the renter understands exactly what a villa in Tuscany is.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
19. Re: Tuscany Now

To:

danros66, Israel, 2 forum posts

Please post upon your return - i am currently considering booking with this agency for a 2015 trip / I am concerned by TuscanyNow lack of response to the negative reviews-

Sydney. Australia
reviews: 42
20. Re: Tuscany Now

We have just finished two rentals with Tuscany now. This is 6 in total both very good again, and in fact villa michiel outside Venice in a little town called mirano was gorgeous and perfectly as described. No problems at all and the location was fantastic for exploring that area of Italy with the bonus of being able to walk into the village for eating etc. second one we had was in northern Lazio, about 90 minutes from fiumicino called guadajona. Very tranquil but quite isolated as he road in is scary for people not used to steep narrow roads. This meant we cooked in every night but the location was fabulous. So serene and no noise at all so for a quiet time it was perfect. Also if you are in Venice can recommend an exceptional private tour guide called Cristina pigozzo. Absolutely delightful. Notthat cheap but worth every penny

Reply to: Tuscany Now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted