We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany Now

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford
Tuscany Now

We had a nightmare with Tuscany now. I would not recomend them at all. The villa we stayed in was shabby, nothing worked, the electrics kept on turning off. The response when we got back was appaling. They charged us 80 euros when we left for going over the amount of electricity we were supposed to use - how unbelievable! Also the MD ignored every complaint we made about the villa and sided with the owner. It even got to the point where he became rather rude to me, accusing me of all sorts that was complete rubbish. He then asked for us to pay an aditional 250 euros for damages to a sunbed, which fell apart at the seams.. when you have 2 old but working sunbeds for 10 people, what do they expect. All in all the holiday was a good one, the villa wasn't great but we made it work. The treatment I received when I came home was appaling and I would never ever recommend tuscany now as a company to anyone, even my worst enemy.

27 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 51
1. Re: Tuscany Now

Always sad to see someone having had a less than perfect holiday. The only point I would make is that in rural Italy power cuts are the norm, try putting on two or three electrical appliances at once and down it goes. That would have happened wherever you were. Sounds like you had a less than perfect villa and poor customer service though, which is not good.

2. Re: Tuscany Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 11, 2011
Edited: 11:15 am, August 11, 2011

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Tuscany Now

Hi natalie,

If you put Tuscany now in the search in Tuscany forums at the top of this page

you will see that other pepole have had problems with this company.

mesh

Fort Lauderdale...
4. Re: Tuscany Now

Simon owns TuscanyNow and he is a pompous liar. Do not book with them. Tell your friends.

Tenterden, United...
reviews: 26
5. Re: Tuscany Now

Hi Natalie,

We too had a terrible experience with Tuscany Now. We actually only stayed at our villa for one night and decided to fly home the day after arriving. We knew the property would be fairly basic but were disappointed by a number of problems - no outdoor lighting, parts of the cooker not working, general uncleanliness including a bathroom cabinet full of various things previous guests had left which felt particularly grubby. We at no point asked for our money back from Tuscany Now. We were asked for feedback and when I gave our feedback received an incredibly rude response from the MD Simon Ball. The email he sent in response was actually so rude that if I knew how I would be tempted to cut and paste some of it onto this site so others could read it.

Am certainly warning all friends not to go anywhere near Tuscany Now.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
6. Re: Tuscany Now

Here's how to copy and paste, assuming you have a Windows operating system.

Double click on the first word you want to copy. It will be highlighted when you do this. Then hold down the shift key and move your cursor to the last word you want to copy, and click once. Now the whole thing will be highlighted. Press the right mouse button, and a menu will open up. Choose "copy" from that menu.

Now open a reply on TA. Put your cursor on the spot you want to copy the text to. Press the right cursor key and a menu will open up. Choose "paste", and the text will appear in the reply. (I think "paste" is the correct word. My operating system is in Italian, which has "incolla".)

Tenterden, United...
reviews: 26
7. Re: Tuscany Now

Thanks for this info - a bit worried about the legal situation re posting someone else's email so will give it a bit of thought before jumping in.

I took Mesh's (above) advice and read through the various Tuscany Now forums and can see that lots of others have had terrible customer service from them. They certainly know how to produce a swanky glossy catalogue but it all seems to go downhill from there.

Alex

Belfast, Northern...
reviews: 47
8. Re: Tuscany Now

Im glad I just read this topic, I have seen some amazing villas on their website, can someone recommend other reputable providers ?

UK
reviews: 54
9. Re: Tuscany Now

http://www.summersleases.com/

Maryland
reviews: 1
10. Re: Tuscany Now

I've had good luck with Homeaway.

Reply to: Tuscany Now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted