We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Hello,

My husband and I are in Pisa for 3 days (Thu-Sun).

We have decided to rent a car in the hopes that we can visit some countryside villa and stay there for a night and maybe try some wine.

We would love to do a lot of things but 3 days is a bit short. We realize we have limited options.

So, does anyone have any recommendations?

Our wish list:

- a bike tour,

- a night in the country side in a villa

- a visit/tour of a vineyard (off or on a bike)

- that GOOD Italian food

Any input is appreciated. We leave Pisa Sunday morning. Thanks!

--Edie

Florence, Italy
reviews: 18
1. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Not far from Pisa you could visit Lucca and rent bikes there, or stay in a villa in that area. For wine tasting, an area that is easy to get to from Pisa (even by train - it's just under an hour) is Bolgheri, near the coast south of Pisa. It's known for it's Super Tuscan reds and along with the nearby Castagneto Carducci is a gorgeous area to visit (not so touristy) and try wines - Bolgheri also has a fantastic restaurant called La Taverna del Pittore that I would highly recommend if you make it there.

Texas
2. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Try having a real Tuscan experience, good food, good wine, friendly locals and lots of beautiful countryside to bike around in like I did. I stayed in a small village fairly close to Pisa airport, I would say about a 45 min drive. I booked a Tower built in the 600's and I had a wonderful time! Try having a look at the website <http://www.tuscany-orciatico.it.gg>. Soon I will be returning and staying in the same village.

Texas
3. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Just found a review on the village where i stayed.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187899-d1…

Cheers!

NYC
4. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Less than 10km far from Pisa I recommend you the self catering small villa "Casina al Monte". I spent there a week two years ago.I saw, they're listed now on Flipkey: tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1878…

so that you may directly contact the friendly owner Silvia.

It has great reviews on Tripadvisor and the village where it is, Vecchiano, is very nice and close to Lucca, Pisa and the coast. All that destinations are easy trips.

Have good time in Tuscany!!

pisa
reviews: 8
5. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

my area, recommended by lovetuscanytomorrow, is very cozy, close to pisa (7km from the tower), lucca (13km), wher you may rent bikes to turn the walls and have a trip in the country, the beach in marina di vecchiano (10km) and viareggio (ca 20km), where you may spend an evening...i think it coul really be a great idea for you having only 3 days...

enjoy your time in tuscany!!

cheers

Toronto
6. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I am not sure what your area is Silvietta? Is it Vecchiano? Are there any wineries nearby?

I think ideally we would love to stay in Lucca and so my challenge this late in the game is to find accomodation from May 28 for 2 nights in Lucca. Hopefully one with a cellar and opportunity to taste good food and wine.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

pisa
reviews: 8
7. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

Edie, yes, my village is Vecchiano (tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1526828-Vecchiano…)...there are any "osteria" where you may eat well and drink better...to find real wineries, you have to reach montecarlo (near lucca) or terricciola (between pisa and volterra)...during the weekend when you're here in tuscany, there will be "cantine aperte", open celler, for infos look, in italian, pisaunicaterra.it/component/… and movimentoturismovino.it/cantine_aperte_it.ht…

there is a list of open cellers close to pisa...

if you need more help, please feel free to contact me

cheers

silvia.ceriegi@alice.it

8. Re: 3 days in Pisa/Tuscany - Recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 21, 2010