We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany--Early Nov?

Which Tuscany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 9
Tuscany--Early Nov?

I am trying use FF miles to go to Tuscany and the only time I could redeem miles for this fall is the first week in November (I was hoping for early Oct). Not sure if I should go then or try to go in the spring (we'd probably go in very early April due to other things going on in the spring). Does anyone have any advice? Thanks so much.

north carolina
reviews: 114
1. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

We have been in Tuscany in March, April, October and November. I can not think of any reason why you should avoid any of those months.

The weather has always been pleasant.

Volterra, Italy
reviews: 2
2. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Yes I agree with the post above mine. We have some beautiful weather in those months.

Bye from Jill

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
3. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Jill,

I will be in Lucca and surrounding area for the month of November. Do I need to pack a heavy jacket? The average weather sites show high temps of 50s and low temps in the 30s (10C to 1C).

When I was there in the spring, I nearly froze because the heat wasn't turned on and the weather was rainy.

TAB

Volterra, Italy
4. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Hi TABarrett,

Nice to 'see' you again.

Well where I am situated, in the summer it never runs because the winds from the sea push away the rain which tries to come down from the mountains. If it does rain , the rains falls for about 5 mins, and that is our ration. I have experienced some most beautiful days in these months, Mind you not all Tuscany is the same, plus the climate all over the world is changing, as you would have heard about. If I was you, I wouldn't take a heavy jacket with me, it would only weigh my bags, I would put in a jersey or two, and if the weather is cold in Lucca, I would go and buy one, without spending too much money, and that would last me for my holiday. While you are in Lucca, pop over to the Volterra region and visit Orciatico! Hve a wonderful holiday.

Bye for now,

Jill

Volterra, Italy
5. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Sorry TA Barrett,

I was mean't to write rains not runs!

Arrivederci

United States
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 13
6. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Thanks, Jill. Will try and work your area into my itinerary.

TAB

Denver, Colorado
7. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

We were there in October last year. We were too early for the fresh olive oil, they said that was mostly in November....To me that would be a bonus of going in November...

Drake

Volterra, Italy
8. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Very good TA Barrett, that makes me really happy, I'm sure you will like it. If you come to Orciatico look me up!

Frankfurt, Germany
9. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

It is hard to predict the weather, especially this year! If there might be bad weather first week of Nov, you won't be alone, as we will be there as well (in Orcia valley).

Tuscany has its beauty and charme in each season, so go in November and return next spring. We might have some rain showers but I am sure we won't have entire rainy days (or even a rainy week).

@ TABarrett:

Pack light but clever. I like the "onion principle", i.e. in heavy cold I will wear a t-shirt under a shirt under a sweater. By that, I do not have to pack a heavy jacket.

@ jilma

This year Val d'Orcia, maybe next year Orciatico.

Volterra, Italy
10. Re: Tuscany--Early Nov?

Patta,

I am sure you will love it, see you next year!

Bye

Jill