We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Which Taormina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
How long to get out of Catania Airport?

My flight is due to arrive into Catania at 8pm. So far as I can tell the last public bus is at 8:45. Is that likely to be enough time to get through passport control and baggage reclaim?

I'm reluctant to pay the high prices for private airport transfers, but don't want to end up having to pay even more for a cab. Can't believe that there are no companies out there running shuttle buses, but I've not found any.

The Wirral, UK
reviews: 123
1. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

I think you would be cutting it fine even if everything went to plan. It is not the most efficient airport I have been to, although it is not massive. I wouldn't take the chance. There are shuttle buses, but nothing is cheap in Sicily. Vagabonda will be able to advise further as she is the expert on Taormina and very helfpul.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
2. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Welcome to Sicily 1andonlyzola!

The last public transport to where? Taormina??

Your flight may be delayed.....

Taxis are always more expensive than prearranged public transfers- Contact New Travel Services.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Grazie mille wilsonjenny! :-)

Vagabonda

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
4. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Hello Vagabonda, I was just sending this link: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187892-i344-k4356…

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Ciao ocpony - Hope all, is well....

A good thread to reference - Yes....

Expect to pay €90 for a taxi to Taormina and €67 for a pre-arranged transfer!

All the best to you!!

Vagabonda xox

London, United...
6. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

Thanks, to Taormina, yes.

I figured we'd be cutting a bit fine. However, the difference in price between a taxi and a pre-arranged private transfer is less than the difference in price between the bus and a private transfer. On that basis it's almost worth taking the chance, if the chance is anything approaching 50:50...

On the other hand, if there is a company that runs shared minibuses to major resorts such as Taormina for less than the cost of a private car, that'd be the best solution all round. I haven't been able to find any such company though (which is surprising).

I appreciate that Sicily is not cheap, but it just seems pointless to pay this kind of money for the luxury of a private car when I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

7. Re: How long to get out of Catania Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Taormina