We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

I'd like to go to Noto for a day trip from Syracuse on October 2. I was able to get to the page for the AST schedule to Noto, but I don't know how to read the departure times from Syracuse & arrival time to Noto. Also, I don't know how to read the times for departing from Noto back to Syracuse on the same day. What do the columns on top mean? Can someone help me interpret the times on the schedule?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Welcome to Sicily susi w!

All the schedules will update to the winter schedule in September prior to your visit.

Both Interbus and AST run the bus service from Siracusa to Noto. Perhaps you would find Interbus more user-friendly.

http://www.interbus.it/

Here's the current AST site - In September check Orario invernale. Feriali is Monday through Saturday, so there is no service on Sundays.

CATANIA/Aeroporto Fontanarossa/Siracusa/Avola/Noto/Rosolini/Pachino/Ispica/Pozzallo/Modica/Ragusa/Comiso/Vittoria/GELA

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

Vagabonda

colorado
2. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

I looked at the Interbus website. It seems like Interbus only has morning schedules returning back to Siracusa and the last trip back to Siracusa is at 12:55. Since I'll be coming from Siracusa to Noto in the morning, Interbus schedule wouldn't work. Am I searching wrong on the Interbus website?

I looked at this AST site:

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

According to that schedule, the AST bus departs Siracusa at 7, 8, 11:30, 12:30, and 4:30. Am I right? I don't see the return schedule from Noto to Siracusa. I clicked on the link you sent but I don't see Siracusa on that route.

colorado
3. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Oh sorry Vagabonda. I double checked the link you sent. I see the AST schedule from Noto to Siracusa.

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
4. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Prego susi w,

It takes some playing with the schedules to get comfortable with them!

Remember that these schedules will change with the updated winter schedules in September, so continue to check the website for the new schedules.

On the current schedules, Interbus runs return service to Siracusa at 12.55 and 15.55.

You could take any combination of AST, Interbus, or even the train between Siracusa and Noto.

Although the train is faster, the bus arrives nearer Noto's historic centre.

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
reviews: 33
5. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Yep, it's hard to figure out, I did a daytrip to Noto from Siracusa by AST bus last spring and it all worked out fine. You are right about Interbus; it's not practical for a daytrip from Siracusa to Noto.

Noto is so beautiful....

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
6. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

But it is - On the current schedule, buses depart Siracusa at 11.15 with an arrival in Noto at 12.10.

Then a bus returns to Siracusa from Noto at 15.55. Noto's historic centre is compact and really only takes a few hours to explore.

But again, you could take any combination of AST or Interbus to or from Siracusa and Noto.

And yes, Noto is beautiful!

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
7. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Just to note, that this isn't being advocated even if it is possible, because most would appreciate more time in Noto, and there's also the midday closings to consider, and AST runs many bus routes throughout Siracusa province.

Vagabonda

colorado
8. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Thanks for the tip about the bus schedule changing in September.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
9. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Yes, the bus schedules change twice a year in spring and autumn for the summer and winter schedules, so you'll need to check for October schedules later in September.

Vagabonda

Malta
reviews: 27
10. Re: Translating AST bus schedule to Noto

Hi Vagabonda,

We shall be visiting Sicily in March next year. We shall be staying for 3 days in Ortigia Syracuse.I am thinking of moving on to Noto for 2 days and then to Taormina for the last 4 days. From here we try to go on day tours to places like Catania. What do you think about our planning please? This is our first visit to Sicily. I first thought of visiting Noto for one day, but the buses to Syracuse are too early in the afternoon! Also, where do buses from Syracuse stop at Noto please? Thank you for your help.