We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

I need to take a bus this Sunday from Siracsa to Ispica.

The AST website, with a schedule effective 12.09.2011 says that there is a (Festivo) bus at 13:30, arriving 15:10: aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

But the Sracusa Commune site has a schedle dated 25.09.2012 that suggests that there is no bus to Ispica on Sunday: http://www.comune.siracusa.it/TasportiAst/orario%20extraurb%20dal%2025-09-12(Invernale).pdf

Am I misreading the Commune schedule?

Assuming that there is a bus, I have to get from the Hertz office on Ortigia to the bus station. I assume that I take the number 20 shuttle, but from where? Is it just as fast to walk? I won't have any baggage.

Thanks

Edited: 9:29 am, December 07, 2012
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

There is no service on Sundays from Siracusa to Ispica – I contacted AST (0931.462711) directly on your behalf.

The Comune di Siracusa website is fairly accurate, but the website didn’t post the bus at 11.30 departing Siracusa at 11.30 or the bus departing Ispica for Siracusa at 15.00.

Buses depart Siracusa from Mondays through Saturdays at 7.00, 8.00, 11.30, 12.30, and 14.30.

Buses depart Ispica for Siracusa at 7.00, 12.00, 15.00, and 23.00.

Vagabonda

London, United...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

Thanks Vagabonda,

Looks like I'll spend Sunday night in Ortigia. Not such a bad fate :)

If I'm going to spend a day in Ortigia, I need to hire someone for a couple of hours who is fluent in Italian and English to pursue a discussion with the Teatro Pupi. Interested? Or do you know someone who would be interested?

Cheers

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

Ortigia won’t be a hardship for sure rredge!

Perhaps Guiseppe Trupia would be available.

+39 330975689

330975689@tim.it

Vagabonda

4. Re: Does AST go from Siracusa to Ispica this Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Syracuse