We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a choice between two different hotels

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
a choice between two different hotels

Two lovely hotels, one Algila Charm Hotel with room with no water view and one Hotel Livingston with a water view room. Both about the same price. Both highly recommended. How to choose? Any suggestions?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,410 posts
1. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Hi noraintoday,

Interesting that you’re deciding between Algilà Ortigia Charme Hotel and Hotel Livingston – Perhaps helpful....

almost completely planned for puglia and sicily, need advice:

tripadvisor.com/…34750632

Vagabonda

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Hum. Yes interesting. I think your reponse is fair and balanced, Also in the mix of places to consider is Palazzo del Sale which also sounds lovely. I'm wondering about so many stairs and levels in this B and B. Any thoughts here?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,410 posts
3. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Palazzo del Sale is lovely, albeit no sea view as your hotel options offer.

First decide between a hotel and a B&B....

Are stairs an issue for you? - You might request a room only one flight up.

Vagabonda

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Vagabunda... Traveling with a group of 7 who were, at 1st, going to stay at Algila Ortigia Charme or Hotel Livingston in May 2013. When we thought about how little time we would be at the hotel, we starting exploring less expensive alternatives. Any thoughts on the La Via della Giudecca. We're certainly not going to spend our days in a wellness center of a hotel, so those kind of amenities are not important to us.

Southern California
Level Contributor
249 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Noraintoday,

My family of four stayed at the Algilà Charme in June 2010. The following is from my trip report:

The Algilà is a recently renovated palazzo with a view of the sea, albeit over a parking lot. The rooms were furnished in restful shades of cadet blue, aqua, and fawn; everything tied together. Our two rooms, while the same price, were quite different in size. We had a corner room of a good size with windows on two sides opening to Juliet balconies. In our sons’ room, there was just enough space to walk around the beds. There was not a single drawer for clothing to be had in either room. Breakfast was served until 10 and was ample—the marmalades and jams were particularly good. The white tea Bulgari bath products were a plus.

The bottom line: My sons' room (no sea view, don't recall what the window looked out upon) was pretty dreary. I'd be cautious about booking a non-sea view room.

Edited: 5:11 pm, December 06, 2012
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,410 posts
6. Re: a choice between two different hotels

Ciao pguilf,

La Via della Giudecca is a charming and often recommended B&B on Ortigia.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187891-d141294…

You might also consider L’Approdo delle Sirene or Palazzo del Sale.

La Via della Giudecca or Pallazo del Sale ???:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187891-i1413-k533…

almost completely planned for puglia and sicily, need advice

tripadvisor.com/…34750632

Vagabonda

7. Re: a choice between two different hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 15, 2013