We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

I have narrowed down our Palermo hotel search to either the Hotel Garibaldi or the Palazzo Pantaleo B&B. In addition to them both being in nice the Politeama area, I have read on tripadvisor that they both have Prestia Comande airport bus stops close by which we really appreciate.

We are two friend in our mid 50's with wheeled luggage, so please advise on the best/easiest way for us catch the Interbus to Trapani from this area. Which ever place has the best access would help make our decision on where to stay.

Is there an Interbus stop close to either of these options or would we need to go to the main bus station? If we need to go to the main bus station, can we catch the airport bus again as it heads to the train station? Or is there a convenient city bus for us, though I'm not sure if that's a good idea luggage. We could also take a taxi if that would be the best option for us.

Grazie, Mille

Rose

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

You would be fine with either accommodation Rose -

Schedule information is available on the Interbus website.

http://www.interbus.it/Home.aspx

Enter “Palermo” as your departing town and “Trapani” as your arriving town. Be sure to click on “Ho letto e accetto le condizioni per l'utilizzo del servizio web”. Click on the information symbol, to retrieve schedules, connections, stops, duration, connection time, cost, and bus company (Segesta).

You’ll see the bus for Trapani makes a stop at Via Turati, 3 (Zona Politeama)

Vagabonda

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

Excellent, thank-you as always!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

Prego Rose,

These two hotels are less than a 5-minute walk apart!

Vagabonda

Portland, Oregon
4. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

Thank-you for that. It's hard to tell distances on a map.

Now to the tough decision on which hotel to choose!

Any advice on which would be quieter at night for sleeping? We don't need much night life other than a nice dinner and stroll and to bed by midnight. It looks like the Palazzo Pantaleo is tucked in off a main street and Hotel Garibaldi is directly on a main street (though I could ask for a back room). One is a nice proper hotel and the other a B&B which looks wonderful too. Decisions, decisions!

Edited: 12:54 pm, March 09, 2013
palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
reviews: 8
5. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

yes, palazzo Pantaleo is in a small courtyard, just a few meters away from the street, but it should be quieter anyway.

Garibaldi is right on the square and the theatre (Politeama).

Portland, Oregon
6. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

Thank-you for the information Blondo.

We are getting very excited for our trip in September. With the help of all the DE's and other forum posters I know we will have a wonderful vacation!

I will post our itinerary once all the pieces are in place. And I will be sure to write a trip report, as I have benefited greatly from reading those here on the Sicily forum.

Rose

7. Re: Hotel - Interbus Connection Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 11, 2014