We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

I have looked at Palermo Hotels and want a really nice place as it is our anniversary trip-my wife really likes the Luxury Hotels- an Advisor from previous post-Vagabonde -indicated that there really weren't any Luxury hotels around Airport-I reviewed TripAdvisor and both hotels sound nice. We have a car rental to park so what is the best choice between the two hotels you would make if you know the hotels i Palermo - Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your assistance is greatly appreciated!!! Canada!! Trip - July 7 & 8,2013 -many thanks!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
79,476 posts
1. Re: Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

Congrats to you and your wife on your anniversary SwissBound!

It’s really not advised to drive in Palermo – You could park the car at the airport and take a taxi or the airport bus to the city, but driving is extremely challenging in Palermo.

First decide your location, and then consider the hotel.

The Politeama square area (Hotel Garibaldi) is lively, well situated for public transport (including the airport bus), restaurants, and nightlife, and it’s attractive with squares, wider streets, and shopping.

Hotel Centrale Palace is located in Palermo’s historic centre – Generally Palermo’s historic centre is challenging to drive.

If you intend to hold the car, perhaps consider the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea located between the airport and Palermo.

http://www.hotelvillaigieapalermo.com/

But if you prefer to stay in Palermo, consider the Hotel Garibaldi.

Vagabonda

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
2. Re: Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

I am planning on taking the bus from the airport. What is the closes stop near Hotel Centrale Palace and is it walking distance or should I take a taxi?

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

Hi. Centrale Palace is on corso Vittorio Emanuele, in the old center, more or less midway between 2 stops, Politeama and Stazione Centrale (the final stop), about half a km from both. It's walking distance if your luggage isn't heavy, otherwise take a taxi or jump on a 101 bus and get off after 4 stops.

Hotel Garibaldi location would be much more convenient for the airport bus.

4. Re: Hotel Garibaldi or Hotel Centrale Palace-your choice?2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 27, 2014