We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American moving to Sicily for two months (July and August)

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palermo, Italy
reviews: 1
American moving to Sicily for two months (July and August)

Hello! I've been living in Florence for the last 8 months and will be coming to Sicily for the summer to teach children English. Anyways, I will be staying in Palermo and have been trying to learn all I can about Palermo/Sicily and would appreciate any and all tips/info! For instance, I am currently in the states- is there anything in particular that I should bring that is very difficult to find there? And yes, I know it will be very hot!

Montreal
1. Re: American moving to Sicily for two months (July and August)

Palermo is more gritty than Florence, but anything that can be found in Florence can also be found in Palermo, barring Florentine goods such as leather and marbled paper etc. But I presume you are referring to more practical necessities.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
2. Re: American moving to Sicily for two months (July and August)

You'll be able to find anything and everything in Palermo!

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

3. Re: American moving to Sicily for two months (July and August)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 21, 2009