We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

check my schedule, please?

Which Sicily hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 15
check my schedule, please?

Any thoughts on my itinerary? Please keep in mind, I am planning on driving and I am concerned a bit about the time/distance factor. Thanks to all in advance.

Arrive Piazza Armerina, 3 nights, with day trip to Syracusa

Drive Agrigento via Ragusa

2 nights in Agrigento

Drive to Castellammare del Golfo, stop at Selinunte and Segesta

1 night in Castellammare del Golfo

Morning vist to Monreale

Drive to Milazzo, ferry to Lipari……6 days island hopping to Naples

Is it possible to go Agrigento to Castellammare with stops at Selinunte and Segesta in 1 day?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: check my schedule, please?

Eastern and Western Sicily is a 2-week itinerary, so this is a bit of a whirlwind in a week.

You obviously prefer to base and take day trips, but you would spend more time doubling back and driving more as in the case of Siracusa to Piazza Armerina. Although 1-night stays aren’t usually recommended, with so little time and the distances you plan to cover, you would be better served by moving onward more frequently

It’s a 2-hour drive from Piazza Armerina to Siracusa, so plan to leave early in the day or you would arrive during the midday closings.

Ragusa is a detour from Piazza Armerina to Agrigento, but as discussed in your other posting (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194872-i4025-k636…), it’s possible, but if concerned about time/distances, skip Caltagirone and travel via Gela.

Castellammare del Golfo from Agrigento via Selinunte and Segesta is a long day, and there’s no left luggage storage at Selinunte or Segesta. It’s always a risk to leave luggage unattended in the car.

Monreale is a challenge to drive - http://www.seepalermo.com/monreale.htm

Drive Palermo’s ring road from 10.00-noon and from 14.00-15.00.

Perhaps begin in Siracusa, skip Ragusa, see Piazza Armerina on your way to Agrigento (although there's no left luggage storage in Piazza Armerina), or spend a night in Piazza Armerina but see Agrigento on your way to a night in Selinunte, and see Selinunte. There is left luggage storage in Agrigento. Then spend a second night in Western Sicily around Castellammare del Golfo.

Vagabonda

Washington DC...
reviews: 15
2. Re: check my schedule, please?

Excellent suggestions, many thanks for the advice, I need to reconsider my plans................

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: check my schedule, please?

Prego travlermb,

Making cuts is hard to do when you want to see it all, but a few tweaks can make a big difference - Enjoy your planning!

Vagabonda

4. Re: check my schedule, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sicily