We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on itinerary

Which Sicily hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Netherlands
reviews: 1
Advice on itinerary

Me and my wife will be staying 2 weeks on Sicily next September for a first time visit. We will be flying to and from Palermo and plan to rent a car for the whole period except for the first two nights in Palermo. We would like to ask your advice on our itinerary, is it feasible, do we spend too long in some places or too short in others etc. We love both culture and nature. Also tips on hotels are welcome, we are looking in particular for some special places (like hotels in old houses, palaces, monasteries etc.) in the € 50 - € 100 category. Our itinerary is:

2 nights Palermo (arriving late at night, so effectively only one day)

1 night Erice

1 might Marinella

2 nights Agrigento

1 night Piazza Armerina

2 nights Syracuse

3 nights Taormina

1 night Castelbuono

1 night Monreale

Thanks in advance,

Jan & Astrid

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
reviews: 8
1. Re: Advice on itinerary

Hi. My first impression is that there are too many one night stays, and way too much packing and unpacking, could be tiring.

Monreale lacks good lodging choices, and isn't convenient to drive and park...you could add a night in Palermo and visit Monreale from there by bus.

Usually 1 night would suffice in Agrigento. you could visit Marinella on the route to Agrigento, perhaps no nee to stop 1 night there. Castelbuono, like Erice, is small and compact, can be seen all in a single day.

to be better located for your departure, you could spend the final night in Trapani province (Erice or Trapani itself)

2. Re: Advice on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2014