We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Which Sicily hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 6
Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

My father and I will be going on vacation to Rome and Sicily in mid-August. My great-grandfather was originally from Corleone and we would like to visit that area one day during our trip. I am concerned about the Ferragosto celebration held on August 15 as I have read that many shops and restaurants are closed during this time. Any information you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
reviews: 8
1. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Ferragosto is the peak of summer holiday season all over Italy, (book well in advance!)the busiest time of the year everywhere along the seaside, and in every tourist resort or town, where everything is open, active and crowded .

Inland and in bigger cities, like Palermo or Catania, many shops and restaurants are closed during that period, but it's always possible to find something open in the city center.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Ciao Laylajm9!

It would be helpful to know how long you plan to stay and your exact travel dates.

Ferragosto is a busy period and many hotels require a minimum stay.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
4. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Thanks for your reply, Vagabonda! You actually replied to my other post, so I put the information on there instead of us both going back and forth. =)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

Prego Laylajm9,

Yes, let's stay with one thread!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Where in Sicily should I stay/visit in mid-August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 01, 2014