We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Siracusa Station

Which Sicily hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Buses from Siracusa Station

Does some angel know Siracusa?

Can I catch a bus from the station and go along Corso Umberto?

I have to get to the cross roads of Corso Umberto and Via Senatore Moscuzza

It seems to be only 1.5 km from the station but I don't want to walk dragging my luggage

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Ciao Susanna_Duffy

AST runs Siracusa’s free shuttle service from the train and bus stations to Ortigia – You would take this free shuttle, Linea 20. Just tell the bus driver you’d like to disembark on Corso Umbero for via Senatore Gaetano Moscuzza.

Click on “Urbano Siracusa” and scroll down to LINEA 20 – There are two lines and they both run Corso Umberto.

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

Vagabonda

Plymouth, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Hi, I can see from the user blogs that there are a lot of people who know a lot about sicily. I am going next week to siracusa and I have never been on holiday before and neither has my partner and we know little Italian. Am worried am not going to be able to communicate very well with people. Either way we had based our trip on being able to hire a card, but due to my lack of having a credit card this is now not possible. So we are going to have to reply on our small knowledge of the language and the public transport. More than anything we wanted to visit the Vendicari reserve as we are passionate about wildlife and particularly dragonflies. Does anyone know what buses go to these places and more importantly the last bus back. I am super worried we will get stranded 25 miles away from our hotel (una One) in Siracusa!! Can anyone help me, as I have looked at the bus sites to try and figure it out, only to be now more confused than ever!!!!

Many thanks

Leanne

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Welcome to Sicily Lea23ne!

Although you won’t have any difficulty arriving in Siracusa with the direct Interbus service from Aeroporto Catania, there are some areas not serviced by public transport and unfortunately Vendicari is one such place.

Perhaps you might consider an excursion -

allakatalla.it/index.php/en/excursions-in-si…

Vagabonda

Plymouth, United...
4. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Thanks for replying. Have got to say am pretty unset that there are no buses to Vendicari. We really wanted to spend several days there. Will look at the excursions you recommended. Many thanks again, leanne

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Vendicari is an isolated area and even by car there's walking because it's a protected area for bird migration.

You could be able to take Siracusa's AST urban line to some of the beaches nearer Siracusa.

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/

Vagabonda

Plymouth, United...
6. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Hi, thanks for that advise. I am not really holidaying for the beaches! its the wildlife we are after. But it we can get close enough, we could walk the rest. Thanks Leanne

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
7. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Interbus runs from Siracusa to Pachino but it's too far to walk, and even if you asked a bus driver to stop along the route to let you off, you would have more of a challenge on the return.

Vagabonda

Plymouth, United...
8. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Thanks for all your help Vagabonda, looks like we probably won't get there. Never mind, maybe next time! Contacted several excursion people, but not getting replies and there are no published prices on any of there sites. Maybe we will be lucky enough to sort out an excursion when we arrive.

Thanks again

Leanne

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
9. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

You might be able to sort an excursion on arrival Leanne – Allakatalla’s Marzamemi Vendicari e Portopalo excursion is posted as €29.00.

allakatalla.it/index.php/…

You might also consider the nearby to Siracusa Ciane River - Siracusa:

tripadvisor.com/…50021392

The best -

Vagabonda

Edited: 8:34 am, June 17, 2013
Plymouth, United...
10. Re: Buses from Siracusa Station

Thanks again, I am sure where ever we end up it will be a lovely holiday. Kind regards, Leanne