We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Ahead Tours....

Which Sicily hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 7
Go Ahead Tours....

Of course I'm still searching even though I've been in contact with a tour group based in Palermo and the lady I spoke with on the phone this morning sounds lovely...and she does speak English but at times I had a hard time understanding her...and probably she did me as well. I'm just a little concerned there may be a language barrier when it comes to actually booking the tour. Written communication has been perfect though.

Today I ran across this group based in MA here in the states and their package is a 12 day tour and you can do a two day Rome extension and the flight is included...the cost sounds "too good to be true"....anyone ever heard of them?

If so...what do you know....the guy on the phone sounded very young...unless I am just that much older....lol

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

Not to worry about communication problems for booking – There is English-speaking staff....

Usually when it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true – Not all Italy....

epinions.com/reviews/166156407681-Go_Ahead_V…

Vagabonda

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
2. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

You're so right Vagabonda...I continue to go with my gut...he did seem young and very pushy...after requesting a brochure, I had a phone call within 10 minutes...from a vey young girl who talked very fast...and then I called back...another guy who spoke very fast...I told him to slow down...he told me that's the way they talk on the East Coast...I have friends on the East Coast...they do not talk like that...almost sounded high pressure to me...I liked Valeria...I truly believes she cares about the traveler's happiness and her business' reputation.

Oh...and the young man told me to check their reviews on TA...sometimes I wonder if some of the reviews are bogus. Thank you for the eopinions website.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
3. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

Even good reviews don’t mean it’s the right option for you!

Reviews are always utterly subjective, so it’s really important to carefully read the information in the reviews to find a match that’s “right” for you.

Vagabonda

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
4. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

Good advice, Vagabonda. But...if I'm looking at something that I may be interested and it has nothing but bad reviews, I'd really have to think twice.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

If it has nothing but bad reviews, you'd have to do more than think twice get_away_from_it_all....

Vagabonda

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
6. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

I know...;-)

7. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:51 am, February 29, 2012
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
8. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

Always trust your instincts get_away_from_it_all!

Vagabonda

Kansas City...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

Although I haven't done the Sicily tour, I've done a few Go Ahead tours and enjoyed them: the Naples, Sorrento and Rome tour - my first solo trip so I felt more comfortable on a tour; the Prague City Stay - was pretty flexible and reasonably priced - joined a friend I had met on the first tour for this one; and the Walking Through Tuscany tour - didn't want to rent a car, and was traveling with my sister and her husband. Have to say that for traveling with friends/family - the tour takes the stress out of deciding who wants to do what/when. Go Ahead's hotels aren't always the most central in the larger cities, but their prices are pretty decent. And to me, their schedule didn't seem quite as rushed as what I saw on other tour brochures. I tend to travel independently these days, but would definitely consider another Go Ahead tour if the situation were right - especially if I didn't want to rent a car and wanted to travel in an area where public transport wasn't good, or if I were traveling with a group. The friend I met on my first Go Ahead tour took the Sicily tour a few years ago and really liked it. I am guessing experiences vary - depends on your guide, the group you end up in, etc. If you do decide to go with the Go Ahead tour, I'd look into extending the Rome portion longer than 2 days if time/money allows. Unless you've been to Rome before and 2 days is enough for you at this point. You can have them change your flight to fly in/out of different airports and/or extend your flight dates out. We did that on the Tuscany tour - flew into Venice a few days before, met up with the tour in Montecatini, then stayed 5 extra days in Rome at the end. The extensions that I saw tended to not be as good of a value as the tour itself. It might be better to pay for a cheap flight from Sicily to Rome, find your own hotel in Rome and just have them change your departing flight to exiting from Rome a few days out.

Duxbury...
reviews: 51
10. Re: Go Ahead Tours....

We did the Sicily tour with Go Ahead in July 2008- I did a trip report for the Fodor's forum- overall an excellent tour but if you want details check my report. We are seriously considering doing their Walking Tour of Tuscany this September. I did notice that they apparently have eliminated the Roman villa at Piazza Armenia which is unfortunate- it was magnificent.