We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 5
weather

Hi,

i'm coming out to Sardinia in 2weeks time. I keep checking the weather forecasts which sound like it's a bit cooler than I was hoping! Is anyone out there now who could advise me what the weather's actually like? Admittedly i'm going to Oblia, as opposed to Cagliari, but am hoping it'll still be warm and sunny!

Thanks

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
1. Re: weather

I get in trouble with other forum members for suggesting that Sardinia is cooler outside June/July/August but the reality is that temperatures can be significantly lower in May and September/October that in high summer. That said, it can also be very hot. But if you want guaranteed 30-degree weather in May or September, Sardinia is not the place to go.

That said it will be pleasant. You won't have the oppressive heat that you get in July and August but you will be able to enjoy sunbathing etc. and probably swimming. But it won't be the Canaries at this time of year.

London
2. Re: weather

Thanks Worldvoyager. I am just hoping its wam and dry, it doesn't have to be hot - I think anything around 30C is too hot for hiking/walking and exploring by bike anyway!

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
3. Re: weather

Warm and dry it will certainly be. If there is rai, it tends to pass very quickly. You can get quite violent thunderstorms (more so at the height of summer of course), and it can stay overcast for periods, but actual rainfal rarely lasts.

Rotherham UK
reviews: 13
4. Re: weather

Just got off the phone with neighbours of ours in Pula. They said the shade temps are 22-24 but the sun temps (and these are the ones I take more notice of) are up to low 30's. When you are out walking or on the beach its not much use knowing what it is in the shade! They did say that there is a breeze on the coast and this is bringing the temp down a few degrees but not enough to send them off the beach. Inland amongst the trees and hills there was no wind and they estimated top 20's. My wife is going out next Saturday for a week, I can't, too busy with work :( so If you like I can get her to phone through a weather report a couple of times. I know we are in the South but if it helps it's no problem.

welsh border
reviews: 1
5. Re: weather

i've noticed that the forecast for next week is rain every day with no sunshine. is that normal for may? putting a bit of a downer on our forthcoming trip.

Rotherham UK
6. Re: weather

Try this site for your forcasts.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Italy.htm

It can give you up to a 10 day forcast. It only lists 2 days out of the next 10 as being rainy, but at the end of the day they are only forcasts and if they use the same people as my local TV then it could even snow! Traditionally the temps in May slowly climb up from the low to top 20's towards the end of the month and I haven't seen anything to suggest different.

In our area (Pula) there is a local microclimate and even by travelling 5-10 kilometers away we can get totally different weather.

birmingham
reviews: 1
7. Re: weather

I was there at the start of june last year (and again this year) it was getting well into the 80's and more so towards 90's, so in two weeks time it will be warm and sunny all baring a thunder storm rolling in but they don't last long!!

Don't take any notice of seasonal average temps I find them to be quite inaccurate

London
8. Re: weather

Thanks Millerman. I am definitely feeling a bit more positive about the weather! I think it sounds like I should definitely take some sunscreen out with me! If you do hear anything back about the weather over the next week or so, I'd definitely be interested. Thanks again.

Rotherham UK
9. Re: weather

I'll keep you posted over next week

Lowestoft,England
10. Re: weather

I am flying to Cagliari tomorrow,having checked with friends locally the temperatures are set to rise over the next few days.You can expect temperatures in the middle to high 70s F touching 80+ by next week.

Bill

Lowestoft

Get answers to your questions about Cagliari