We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, UK
reviews: 10
Southern Saridinia - without a car?

My wife and I are flying to Cagliari in late September (26th) and are looking for a suitable hotel in the area.

We like to spend our holidays wandering around visiting local sites and sampling the food and drink.

We really don't want to have to hire a car so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable hotel that is:

1) accessible by public transport from Cagliari.

2) within walking distance of a reasonable beach and a choice of restaurants / bars and place to visit.

3) a lowish price.

Hopefully this is not too much to ask!

Thanks

PS sorry about the 'Saridinia' typo'!

Edited: 5:52 am, January 14, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Well it's not right on the beach, but maybe http://www.hotelcaliffo.com/english/faq.php or check out hotels.com/de710131-qu0/…

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
reviews: 23
2. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Given your expressed preferences, I would recommend staying EITHER in Cagliari itself (closest beach is Poetto, which can be reached in 15 minutes by frequent city bus), which has a wide selection of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops, OR in Pula to the southwest, which is reachable by frequent bus from Cagliari in 50 minutes and which is a lovely 3-kilometer walk from the beach at Nora, site of the beautiful Punic/Roman ruins.

In the town of Pula, I would look at the Nora Club Hotel (located in Pula itself), which might be perfect for a couple. There are also a couple of hotels right on the main street in Pula. The beach properties in Nora would be a bit distant for after-dinner activities, especially in late September, so I would tend to focus more on Pula. Same comment for the beach properties in nearby Santa Margherita di Pula and Chia Laguna.

If you feel more comfortable in an urban setting, Cagliari would work fine. If you prefer a much smaller, town atmosphere, Pula fits the bill.

London
3. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

would agree with the last post to stay in the center of cagliari, at least here you have good access to public transport and all the restaurants and bars.

Would advise against the hotel califfo as you will find yourselves marooned in the middle of nowhere and the beach there is horible

Norwich, UK
4. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Many thanks for the advice, we have booked a small B&B in Cagliari.

Paul

Barcelona, Spain
5. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Hello Paul

A friend and I are off to Cagliari in May, just for three days, and have no idea where to stay. You said you found a b&b in Cagliari ... can you recommend it? Did it fill your criteria?

Norwich, UK
6. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

Hi

After looking at a lot of reviews we booked Il Girasole in Cagliari. The owner will probably be able to pick you up at the airport too.

Have a great trip, we are not going till September so I look forward to reading your review!

Paul

7. Re: Southern Saridinia - without a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, March 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cagliari