We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

into town

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
israel
reviews: 1
into town

hi

can anyone tell me how far it is from where the cruise ships dock to the town? i.e is it a comfortable walk?

harold.

London
1. Re: into town

hi tripper...the ships dock almost in the middle of the town! a couple of minutes walk and you are in the heart of the city

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
2. Re: into town

Here's a photo that shows you: …webshots.com/photo/2890963610029953082zvNLeg

I think sometimes cruise ships may dock further to the right (ferries are just out of sight on the left) but even from there it can't be more than a few minutes walk to the area shown, which is the Marina Quarter, with the Largo Carlo Felice along the seafront. Following this to the left and then turning right after La Rinascente department store will bring you to Piazza Yenne. So yes, this is a comfortable walk although if you also want to visit the Castello district, museums, citadel etc., it's a +/-15 minute walk uphill (but there are elevators). This has a useful walking tour description: suite101.com/content/walking-tour-of-cagliar…

3. Re: into town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cagliari