We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the experts

Which Sardinia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, England
reviews: 5
Question for the experts

If you were going to Sardinia for the first time (knowing what you all know) where would you stay, resort and hotel and why?

We have obviously never been before and both like a little bit of luxury, we enjoy good food and wine, we are in our late thirties with no children and are no longer interested in night clubs etc We enjoy chilling by the pool or on the beach having a nice meal in the evening and a stroll around. I am quite picky on hotels unfortunately for my other half I drive him mad !!! I like nice hotels with nice surroundings, nice linens, good bed nice bathroom etc and we can possibly only get away at the end of August.

Can you guys help please??

Alghero
reviews: 14
1. Re: Question for the experts

August in Sardinia means that you have very little, if any chance of finding any accomodation. The population here grows from 1.5 million to something in the region of 6 million, as everything closes down on the mainland during the month & this island is a favourite holiday destination for Italians - they all need a bed for the night.

My recommendation would be to fly to Alghero from Stansted. Flights here from Liverpool don't start until October.

Alghero is a charming, old town with masses of history, beaches and the very best in food & wine (see the inside pages for greater detail on all these aspects).

As far as an excellent hotel is concerned. one of the best in Italy is right here, the 5* Hotel Villa Las Tronas - I suggest that you contact them and see whether they can accomodate you before you do anything else:

http://www.hotelvillalastronas.it/

Good Luck

Bolton, England
reviews: 5
2. Re: Question for the experts

Centro

Thank you for your help I have emailed the hotel so we will see, maybe we will have to wait until the first week of September. Would this be any better?

mollie xx

Alghero
reviews: 14
3. Re: Question for the experts

Mollie,

It will make a very great difference.

Suggest that you book on a bed & breakfast basis, so that you can savour all the great restauants in the town. That said, the food at Villa las Tronas is excellent & the sunsets over Capo caccia, viewed from the dining room are spectaculat, so at least one dinner in the hotel should not be missed.

4. Re: Question for the experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 12, 2009