We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

Which Sardinia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

Hi,

We are planning on going to Sardinia for one week for our honeymoon in July. I'm 28 and my fiancee is 32.

We are not very good drivers, so we are not planning on hiring a car. Therefore, we want to stay in a place where we can both enjoy the beaches and also the nightlife...

Is Alghero the best place for a combination of beached & nightlife?

Nightlife is very important factor for us...

Thanks so much for all the feedback!

Sardinia, Italy
1. Re: Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

>Is Alghero the best place for a combination of beached & nightlife?

No. Depending on budget, Baia Sardinia/ Porto Cervo or San Teodoro is.

Although there are pockets of summer time disco clubs and bars dotted around the island, Sardinia doesn't have a large scale Ibiza type scene. Thankfully.

sardinia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

Hi,

Alghero is a nice little town (very romantic too) and the key to its touristic success is the caring attention paid to maintain local traditions, first of all the local cuisine!

There are hotels with amazing sea view at a walking distance from the main beach of the city, but there are also a lot of amazing beaches nearby… that is a pity not to discover!

About the movida and nightlife: I can assert that, if you like to walk, there is the chance to choose a different restaurant every day (also with Michelin stars). There bars, cafés and posh lounge pubs where to take an aperitivo or drink something after dinner, but they are not discos or night clubs.

There are some discos in the area, but you can maybe call a taxi …

To sum up…

At walking distance: the very nice old town with characteristic alleys and craft shops; the main beach; several restaurants and bars.

Alghero is romantic and charming with also ideal accommodations for couples. It is a good choice to enjoy culture, good food, nice beaches (a little crowded during the high season).

Actually, it depends also on how long you are planning to stay in Alghero.

P.M. if you need further information

Istanbul, Turkey
3. Re: Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

Thanks so much for the detailed response!

Pisa
4. Re: Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

these details are true for April too? because I'm going in April, but I think the weather is not so good :(

5. Re: Where to stay in Sardinia for honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 11, 2014