We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

Which Sardinia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westport, Ireland
reviews: 184
Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

We are looking for a relaxing, hopefully beach oriented holiday in Sardinia for my wife, 2 young children (6&9) and I. We fly into Alghero at the end of October and will hire a car to explore.

Can fellow TA's advise on what part of the island would work best for us? I understand the north and west can get windy and therefore cooler in the Autumn - so should we head East or South perhaps? Where on the island would we get the best chance of sun at this time of year? I am happy to drive but would prefer not to spend all our time in the car!

Any advice on good quality child friendly hotels (open at that time) would be gratefully received. We like to eat out so a choice of restaurants would be great - I realize we are way out of season so this might not happen.

If the weather does not co-operate then we will spend more time exploring - so where would be a good base to work from especially with our children in mind?

Cardiff, United...
1. Re: Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

Hi I dont think you will be sitting on the beach end October/ November,

I have just returned from Montresta near Bosa on the west coast, three weeks ago the temp was in high thirties this week it was 25/27 and dropping, it is also a bit chilly at night. There are many nice places in Sardinia to explore but im not in a position to advise where to go at that time of year.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY

Westport, Ireland
reviews: 184
2. Re: Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

Thanks Charles - we live on the west coast of Ireland and our kids think 18degc is warm so anything higher is a bonus! I guess my main question is where we should go to reduce the chances of rain in Sardinia at the end of October? I realise there is no sure bet but some areas are more likely to get wet than others as per Ireland where the south east tends to be drier and warmer....Any thoughts anyone?

Cardiff, United...
3. Re: Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

Hello again, ive spoken to a friend that lives in Montresta and he says

the weather can be lovely in that area oct/nov, i am going out Nov 8th for 12 days. Bosa is a lovely historic town with nice hotels and a lovely beach, i have a sardinian friend that works in a hotel near the beach called i think

BAJA ROMANTICA, ive been to this hotel and its very nice, i dont have first hand knowledge of other areas so i wouldnt suggest anywhere else, im surprised that no other has answered your posting.

Ciao Ciao

4. Re: Family holiday end October in Sardinia - advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013