We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

How long it takes by private water taxi from Venice station to airport?

Plz provide directions to the location of water taxi ticket booth in the station and to reach the departure area

22 replies to this topic
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 41
1. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

It takes about 25 minutes costs about €110 . There is a taxi station either in front of the station or to the left of teh main water bus stop / ticket desks.

OR cross the Calatrava bridge ( to the right as you come out of the station) and take the land bus ACTV No5 or ATvo fly bus for €6 pp

Belfast, United...
2. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

Rosa, do you know how often the land buses go, or if there is a timetable? We will be flying into Venice with 3 young children and need to get to Villach in Austria as smoothly as possible. Any suggestions would be very welcome

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 19
3. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

http://www.actv.it/pdf/urbano/U-5.pdf has the schedules. Keep in mind that children 6y.o. on up pay full price, €6 per person for the airport bus.

Lido di Venezia...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Train Travel
4. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

If you are getting to Vilach by Eurocity train or Intercity Bus, it's better to reach Venezia Mestre railway station instead, by ACTV #15 or ATVO bus from the airport.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 19
5. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

Do you need to go TO Marco Polo airport, or get FROM Marco Polo airport?

Kansas
reviews: 4
6. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

Hello - On our trip, we are planning on walking across the bridge to catch the bus to the airport. On my map I see the bridge to the right of the station is called Constituzione not Calatrava. Is this the right one? And I understand we need to go to Piazzale Roma to get the buses, correct? Could someone explain where this is after you cross the bridge? Also, is 2 hours before our flight early enough to get to Marco Polo? Thank you!

Lido di Venezia...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Train Travel
7. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

The official name is Ponte della Costituzione (Constitution Bridge) but everyone calls it Ponte di Calatrava (Calatrava's Bridge).

Piazzale Roma, i.e. the bus terminal, begins just after the last step of the bridge.

chennai
8. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

Thanks for the reply. ok...i'll take the bus from Station to Airport.

what's difference between ACTV No5 or ATvo fly bus

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 41
9. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

If you are going to the airport from the station get off the train at Mestre and save a walk. Take the bus from outside mestre station to the airport, All trains heading to Santa Lucia stop at Mestre.

Port Fairy...
reviews: 1
10. Re: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport

The ACTV bus is a local bus so not specifically designed for travel to the airport. It stops enroute and you'll need to have your luggage in the bus with you. The ATVO bus is a non-stop bus to the airport and has luggage storage underneath (much more pleasant IMHO).

Reply to: From Venezia Lucia station to Marco polo airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted