We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 6
Venice

Hi can anybody help me, we are looking to go to venice in September, i have seen some hotels, some in the mestre area, is this an easy place to get into venice from, buses, walking etc? Is there plenty of restaurants , good area etc. Also how to get there from airport. The other choice is in venice itself, obviously more expensive, but is the extra cost worth it? Also how do we get there from airport as well ? If anyone can give me some good advice , i would be most grateful. Thankyou.

24 replies to this topic
11. Re: Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, February 02, 2014
Edited: 10:05 am, February 02, 2014

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 19
12. Re: Venice

And depending when in September, if not the early part, you might also consider Lido, which is going to a lower season at that point after the end of the film festival and closing of the beaches, and where you could find a good deal, with a shorter commute to the center than you would from Mestre, and the commute is by water in a vaporetto, and you are already in the lagoon, so Lido has a completely different atmosphere in and of itself (it is definitely not just a suburban afterthought, as Mestre could easily be considered) and, though not usually from mid-September through mid-May, is considered on its own a very reasonable vacation "destination", not only for its vicinity to Venice.

Manchester
reviews: 112
13. Re: Venice

Totally agree with Mistya post 10, And with everything I heart said, especially about the Lido in summer months, much nicer than Mestre

Silverado...
14. Re: Venice

Hello all!

So we are staying in Venice (yay!) in June with our two college-age daughters and are simply looking for suggestions for an itinerary. We are also wondering if there is anything we should book ahead of time to avoid long lines. We will be there for four days. Thanks so much for any suggestions as they are much appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
15. Re: Venice

The only thing you really have to book is the Secret Itineraries as places are limited, very good and gives you entry to the rest of the Doges Palace,

www.vivaticket.it/index.php…

California
reviews: 4
16. Re: Venice

Definitely stay in Venice proper. Around the train station there are plent of pensiones and try VRBO as well. I lived there for 7 years and there's nothing like waking to the sounds of Venice. From the airport you can take a land or water taxi, the latter being expensive but worth the view of the surrounding islands. If you take the land taxi you will have to go by vaporetto (water bus) and thats a cheap way to see the Grand Canal. Take the #1, the milk run, but AFTER you drop the bags at your pensione.

Silverado...
17. Re: Venice

We just rented a VRBO place in Venice. It was fantastic! Check out their website as they have a lot of accommodations in Venice and we found you get a lot for the value. Have fun!

Rapid City, South...
reviews: 2
18. Re: Venice

YES! Stay in Venice! It is the most magical place I've visited. The narrow cobblestone streets, the laundry hanging in the streets, the history of the buildings, the canals...... Breath taking!

It's very simple to get from airport to Venice. Your apartment/hotel/B&B will have directions on how to get there. Enjoy your trip!

Fintry, United...
reviews: 32
19. Re: Venice

2 college aged daughters? Maybe they would like to SUP Venice - they need to be experienced at SUP but if they or indeed all of you are, then I think it must be a fabulous way to see the city

reviewed here tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187870-…

South Jersey
reviews: 63
20. Re: Venice

Dayna - if you want suggestions for an itinerary for your family you should start a new thread (by using the ask a question button) rather than asking in the middle of someone else's thread. This makes your question easier to see and avoids confusion with who is answering what question.

Reply to: Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted