We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 50
Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

We only have 2 nights in Venice, first time and probably last for a long time to be in Italy. I can get room at Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo, 2km from "the heart," which has great reviews and much cheaper than the ones available near San Marco. Walking 2km isn't a big deal for us - is it a safe walk and/or are there sites to be seen on that walk?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Safe in what way?

If you look at your map - or on google maps or the map shown the hotel's website, you will see that there will be a number of ways to get to where you want to go - You can map out the sites you plan to see on a map so you know how to get to those sites from the hotel.

There are a lot of little walkways/canals/bridges - the map shows you clearly which direction to go to San Marco - you can decide which way to go. When I was there last year, I never went the same way to anyplace I was visiting - far too interesting to mooch around on my way and much to see. There is no straight line.

Tallahassee, Florida
2. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Venice is very safe but just like any city where there are a lot of tourists, be aware of your belongings in crowded situations. All of Venice contains many sights and walking anywhere in Venice anytime of the day is perfectly safe. Don't just concentrate on the San Marco area, there are incredible things to see all over the city. Although you will want to spend some time in St. Mark's Square, getting outside the tourist corridor is the most pleasant way to enjoy this incredibly unique city.

As a start, look at the different articles here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187870-s1/Venice:Ita…

Even though Venice is a great place to walk around, one of the joys of Venice is taking a ride on the vaporetto along the Grand Canal. I would do this early in the morning to avoid the crowds and I also enjoy going back to St. Mark's Square at night and early in the morning.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 295
3. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Yes, Venice is very safe and there is a site at every corner. As noted above, be aware of your personal space and your belongings, like you would be in any busy, highly traveled City.

I hear that Al Ponte Mocenigo is a very nice property and a hotel makes a lot more sense then renting an apartment (as I think you were originally planning) for only two nights.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 50
4. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Thank you!

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
5. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

We stayed there in May and it was a great place. There is also a vaporetto stop very close to the hotel.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
6. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Go via the Rialto to get to Saan Marco, a very interesting area,

UK
reviews: 3
7. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

Google Maps makes it 1.2 km. It also makes it 1.5 km to Campo Ghetto Nuovo, which I find hard to believe (that it's further). But it's not far, and that's another place worth visiting.

8. Re: Walk from Al Ponte Mocenigo to "the heart"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 02, 2014