We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Sole Hotel

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Al Sole Hotel

Hi. We are thinking of staying at this hotel for our October visit. It has v good reviews so I just want to check what other people think of the location and it's accessibility to the vaporetta?

1. Re: Al Sole Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:04 pm, May 07, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
2. Re: Al Sole Hotel

The location fine, not really near a Vaporetto stop,

We have stayed there but quite a few years ago, to be honest then was very disappointed, shabby,we felt over priced, but places can change,

western ny
reviews: 69
3. Re: Al Sole Hotel

We stayed there a year ago and enjoyed it. It was our first trip to Venice. It wasn't a bad walk to the piazzale Roma stop and that was convenient to the buses too. I think I reviewed it on TA. We had a room with windows that opened on the small canal; there were nice restaurants nearby too. Area was quiet and more "local" we thought. We loved Venice and are coming back for 9 nights. Staying in a different part of the city this time just to experience a different area. Feel free to PM me if I can try to answer specific questions.

Venice, Italy
reviews: 1
4. Re: Al Sole Hotel

Al Sole was recently restored about two or three years ago. The floors might not be perfectly level, but, after all, the palace is 600 years old! To me, Al Sole is magical. Very, very Venetian with the spirits of the ancestors still living inside:) It belongs to one of the oldest noble families of Venice.

5. Re: Al Sole Hotel

Thank you all for the info below. I am happy with hotel now itself but am I right in thinking location is a bit out of way for access to main areas?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
6. Re: Al Sole Hotel

Looks like things are looking up, lovely setting, but as I said things change,

7. Re: Al Sole Hotel

Ya. Ive checked recent reviews and it seems the hotel got a makeover recently. We are not looking for luxury but like the hotel to be clean and fresh.

Did you find the location ok for sightseeing and getting to/from airport. We will use public transport for our visit.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
8. Re: Al Sole Hotel

It is not that near a Vaporetto stop, but walkable from Piazzale Roma where the Airport Bus arrives from,not far from Campo Santa Margarita, a lively square, but Venice is really very walkable no where is far,

9. Re: Al Sole Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:49 am, August 18, 2013
Northwich, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Al Sole Hotel

Cat - that's wonderful. Doesn't it just describe Venice perfectly.