We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
reviews: 6
Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

I'm looking at booking a flight for our family of 5 from San Francisco to Venice, and the best one I can find for our dates is with Lufthansa and has only a 1 hr 25 min layover in Frankfurt. Will this be enough time? We've never flown to Europe before, so I don't have any experience with the airlines or airports. The only other options I can find involve a layover at Charles de Gaulle on our return flight, and I've read to avoid that airport at all costs.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 2
1. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

As long as you don't need to go from terminal 1 to terminal 2 (and you won't if it's all Star Alliance) it is enough as long as the plane is more or less on time.

You will go through immigration control in Frankfurt but it won't take long.

South Australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

Should you be flying on a through air ticket with Lufthansa, they are responsible for you and your luggage reaching your final destination.

Sacramento...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

Our incoming and outgoing flights are on a through ticket arriving and departing in terminal 1, so I feel more comfortable with this choice given your input. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

London, United...
reviews: 408
4. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

Bear in mind that non-EU travelers might need extra time to go through the immigration although 1 1/2 hour lay over might be enough.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 2
5. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

>Bear in mind that non-EU travelers might need extra time to go through the immigration although 1 1/2 hour lay over might be enough.

Last time there was a longer line at the immigration that I have seen, they opened 4 or 5 additional counters and the line was gone in minutes.

London, United...
reviews: 408
6. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

When I flew through Frankfurt last month, I had to wait for some time at non-EU citizens. I was flying with Lufthansa then. Well, it is case by case.

Venice, Italy
7. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

I fly Lufthansa via Franfurt or Munich and never a problem. Just keep you hand/carry on luggage minimal and/or organized and you'll be fine. I'd avoid DeGaulle also And, Munich airport is smaller and easier to navigate than Frankfurt. Either one you'll be fine..

8. Re: Lufthansa layover in Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014