We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Must see in Venice

what the best things the tourist must see in Venice?

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
1. Re: Must see in Venice

Everyone has different interests as to what to see and do, a good idea is to get D&K's Venice Top Ten, this lists the top Ten of everything imaginable so you can choose bewfore hand what appeals to you,

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 120
2. Re: Must see in Venice

hello Annie006:

You must see:

Piazza, Basilic and Campanille di San MARCO

Palazzo Ducale

Rialto Bridge

San Michelle Cemetery

Real Gardens

"La Fenice" Theatre

Torcello, Burano and Murano Islands

Peggy Guggenheim Museum

Vetrario Museum

and of course, you can`t say, you had been in Venice if you don`t make a "GONDOLA RIDE"

Good Trip!!!

Tallahassee, Florida
3. Re: Must see in Venice

Depends on how much time you have in Venice - in the Search box you can type in 1 day, 1.5 days or 2 days and get some good itineraries.

niagara falls.canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Must see in Venice

Amost everthing in Venice is a must see. Just get out and explore. Don't forget a waterbus on the Grand Canal. All the beautiful buildings lining the canal. Also watch for the Rialto bridge as it comes into view as you round the bend. Truly spectacular.

Sao Paulo, SP
5. Re: Must see in Venice

Thank very much for all.

Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 3
6. Re: Must see in Venice

Annie,

you have received wise advice. Get a good guidebook (or two). Select based upon your personal interests. Once you've identified your "suspects", the forum can certainly offer more impressions, tips, details, pros and cons etc.

No one is more qualified to map out your vacation than yourself.

Best regards,

P_M

Wayne, New Jersey
reviews: 80
7. Re: Must see in Venice

I had very limited time in Venice when I visited last month. So, the only must-see was St Mark's Square. The basilica (make a reservation!) and the dueling orchestras. It was wonderful.

All the other times (1.5 days), I wondered around and saw the Fenice, walked from sea to sea, got lost, visited some wonderful shop (walk "behind" St Mark's Square), saw the dueling churches (my word) of hospital and church (Giovanna e Paolo, I belive?) and ride the Grand Canal a few times.

If you have more time, (and I wish I did it), visit the gardens and go up the belltowers (any which one).

Sao Paulo, SP
8. Re: Must see in Venice

thank very much.

I'll have 4 days in Venice.

Thank for all again.

9. Re: Must see in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, October 02, 2009