We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo Airport

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr
reviews: 2
Marco Polo Airport

I am flying to Marco Polo this weekend, and my hotel is in city centre (by Piazza San Marco). What would be a reasonable taxi fare from airport to Piazzo San Marco, or would another mode of transport be better. I dont want a load of hassle, I just want to get to the hotel as quickly as possible. Advice please?

Gulfport, Florida
reviews: 24
1. Re: Marco Polo Airport

Quickest: water taxi

Less expensive: the Alilaguna water bus express.

Paul

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
2. Re: Marco Polo Airport

Water taxis are about 90euro.There are NO land taxis in Venice. That's the fastest way.

Green, Ohio
reviews: 10
3. Re: Marco Polo Airport

The bus from Marco Polo to Venice is 3 euros. Not the fastest but there is quite a price difference if you don't have deep pockets. www.atvo.it

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
4. Re: Marco Polo Airport

The Ailaguna ferry is hassle free, it does take time going via Murano and the Lido. but the cost is only €12

www.alilaguna.it

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 94
5. Re: Marco Polo Airport

The ATVO express coach from Marco Polo to Piazzzale Roma only takes c. 20 minutes at a cost of 3 euros. A private water taxi, bookable from teh Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia desk in the Arrivals Hall also only takes c. 20/25 minutes direct to yur Hotel but costs 80 - 110 euros - I think the sheer excitement of racinga cross the lagoon pklus the great conveneince of arriving direct at your Hotel and therore not needing to handle luggage is worth the extra cost.

The Alilaguna ferry suffers the disadvantage of being very slow and often very crowded, taking at least an hour to travel from Marco Polo to Venice

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
6. Re: Marco Polo Airport

The Bus is ideal if you are staying in the Piazzale Roma / Station area, but for San Marco it entails a Vaporetto as well, cost €6.50. and then time wise is not a lot different to the Alilagunaa ferry,

Ayr
reviews: 2
7. Re: Marco Polo Airport

Thanks to everyone for your advice - this has been most helpful.

Santa Barbara...
8. Re: Marco Polo Airport

I suggest you contact your hotel (by phone if necessary)before you leave and ask them the best way to get to their hotel (and I mean the front door of their hotel!) from the airport. Venice is very easy to get lost in and is no fun trying to find a location when you are carting all your luggage, and don't even know what vaporetto stop to get off at, and is especially hard if your plane lands shortly before dark. Obviously, the best way would be if the hotel has their own service that will pick you up at the airport, then get you all the way to your hotel (usually by car then water taxi). The more expensive hotels, at least, have this service.

Mesa, Arizona
reviews: 1
9. Re: Marco Polo Airport

The quickest way is via water taxi. Having a car pick you up will take more time getting to Piazzale Roma, with weekend traffic on the A4 or surface roads. and then a water taxi to the hotel would seem like forever. Go with the water taxi. Besides, there is nothing like entering Venice from the lagoon. Best ride in the world!

Sacramento...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Marco Polo Airport

When I was there last year, there was an express Alilaguna boat, that skipped stopping at Murano and went straight from Marco Polo to San Marco, approximately 40 euros