We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help! inexpensive hotel rec for student abroad

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
help! inexpensive hotel rec for student abroad

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good inexpensive hotel for my daughter who is studying in Italy? The hostels were booked and she arrives tomorrow evening (8th and 9th of June)? Looking for something near St. Mark's Square or other sights that she can walk to. The most important is that it is safe she is travelling alone. Thank you!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
1. Re: help! inexpensive hotel rec for student abroad

I just did a quick check through www.cross-pollinate.com and see that Ca'Maria has a room.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 94
2. Re: help! inexpensive hotel rec for student abroad

There is little problem about location in Venice as it is a compact city and only takes less than an hour to walk from one end to the other. Moreover the sights in Venice are scattered all over the city.

Venice I think, and my wife agrees with me, is by far the safest city in all Italy - partly because there are always lots of tourists around, partly because it is an island and therefore not easy for no-gooders to get away.

There are several student hostels as Venice has quite a large University population. Worth considering are

Domus Ciliota (www.ciliota.it)

Foresteria Valdese (www.chiesavaldese.org/venezia) a hostel run by Waldensian Evangelicals

Ostello Santa Fosca (Tel. 041 715 7750). This is a hostel primarily for students and appears to be run by students

On La Giudecca is Istituto Canossiano, a women only hostel run by nuns. One drawback is the doors close at 10.30 p.m. (tel. 041 522 2157)

If she does arrive without accommodation - very inadvisable in June with a busy tourist season just starting - then there is an AVA bureau at Santa Lucia station, at Piazzale Roma and at the airport where staff will let you know of any beds vacant that night.

3. Re: help! inexpensive hotel rec for student abroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:03 pm, September 10, 2013