We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get there?

Which Bolzano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hendersonville...
reviews: 14
How do I get there?

We are coming from the USA. We are intent on finding the most economical flights to Munich, Rome, Milan or Verona for August, 2012. What's the best way to travel from Munich or any of the places I mentioned? Train? Plane to Verona or Milan? Our accomodations are at Mondi Tirolensis in Prissian/Merano, if that helps. Can you suggest a best way to travel from a major airport? Counting on all of my TA friends!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: How do I get there?

Fly to any one of Venice, Milan, or Verona and then rent a car.

San Jose, California
reviews: 84
2. Re: How do I get there?

Not sure where your departure point is. A traveler I met in Pienza , Italy this month told me about this airline, Ryan Air. They quoted some ridiculously low airfares within Europe. These folks flew from Northern Ireland to Italy for L5, less than what I paid for lunch that day.

Here is the website:

cheapoair.com/travel/…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
3. Re: How do I get there?

Beware of RyanAir: it has a very low baggage allowance and high charges for excess baggage. With any cheap airline in Europe, read the T&C very carefully before you book.

Riga, Latvia
reviews: 6
4. Re: How do I get there?

Ryanair is absolytely OK - cabin luggage allowance - 10kg, for additonal 20kg - 15 EUR (just book it online prior arriving to the airport, as airport fee is around 50 EUR for one piece). And always check in for your flight online - in the airport you will be charged 40 EUR just for check in. Knowing this you can really enjoy flights starting from 5EUR.

Hendersonville...
reviews: 14
5. Re: How do I get there?

Thanks to all of you. We'll be flying out of Chicago and I'm checking fares for all the different cities. I know it seems like a long way off to plan for next August, but last year I snagged a $417 fare from CLT to BCN for a trip 11 months out, round trip, taxes included. At that price, I expected to have to stand, but the flights were fine--I don't expect to have that kind of luck again, but I'm checking prices regularly...just in case. I'd be glad to use Ryan Air if that would work out! Sharon

munich
reviews: 38
6. Re: How do I get there?

If flying in to Munich

German National rail www.bahn.de has 5 direct services daily from Munich Ostbahnhof to Verona. These services stop at Bolzano. German National rail in cooperation with Austrian Rail www.oebb.at are responsible for all cross border intercity services to/from Italy over Austria.

You would only have to get the suburban rail S-Bahn S8 from Munich Airport to Munich Ostbahnhof (runs every 20mins and takes ~ 35mins). Munich Ostbahnhof to Bolzano takes ~ 4hrs - overall journey time from the Airport less than 5hrs. Booked in advance (up to 92 days) these tickets can be had for €39 single. These would be fixed to a specific Intercity service from Munich Ost to Bolzano though. The stretch from the airport isn't so important. There are 2hrs between each service Munich/Bolzano throughout the day. Standard fare is €62.10

Use http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

From Munich Airport (or München Flughafen)

To Bolzano/Bozen - note many places in this area of italy have both Italian and German names

7. Re: How do I get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bolzano