We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

Which Bolzano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 10
Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

We are thinking of taking a day's return train journey from Verona to Bolzano in September. Is there good scenery on the trip and also in Bolzano itself?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
reviews: 76
1. Re: Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

Yes, the scenery is nice (mountains, of course) and Bolzano is a pretty town and worth visiting for the day, it's a lot more like Austria than Italy and it has a nice centre.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 79
2. Re: Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

I would say the train journey itself is pretty dull and monotonous. The lines follows the bottom of the Adige river valley all the way. The mountains you can see from the train are high and not particularly scenic. Bolzano itself is a pretty town. Don't forget to visit the local museum where the Iceman is kept -- http://www.iceman.it/

Perth, Australia
reviews: 10
3. Re: Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

Thanks for both replies. Is the Adige river visible for most/all of the journey?

Logan, Utah
reviews: 4
4. Re: Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

It is visible every inch of the way after you get out of Verona environs.

By the way, I think the route is beautiful -- river, vineyards, mountains in teh immediate background.

And do see Otzi -- best anthropological museum I've been in, even beyond Otzi himself.

5. Re: Train Scenery - Verona to Bolzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bolzano