We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Turin

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
reviews: 20
Visiting Turin

Hi!

We're visiting Turin for 4 nights, arriving on a Saturday afternoon and staying near Porta Nuova. I'd appreciate some clarification on the following:

1: At the airport upon arrival, from where do you buy the bus ticket to the city centre? Do all buses stop close to Porta Nuova?

2: Is it true that most shops do not open on Mondays? Do shops therefore open on Sundays? Apart from Via Roma and the streets close by, are there any shopping malls in the city centre?

3: Are there two Hop-on Hop-off bus tours? Does any of these two stop near the Egyptian Museum and the Automobile Museum? Are museums and palaces open every day? Out of all palaces, which is definitely a must-visit (and is it on the Hop-On bus route?) ?

4: How much is a train ride to Val d'Aosta? I know it's a 2 hour ride with one change over - is it worth the journey?? Once you arrive in Aosta, do you just walk into town or do you have to travel into town? If you fancy a visit up a mountain, do you take a cable car from Aosta itself?

5: Unless it's one of the Hop-On stopovers, how do you get to Superga from Porta Nuova?

6: Anything else you would recommend whilst staying in Turin? Ah yes...how about restaurants?? Preferably, genuine & traditional trattoria's, please! :-D

Thanks a million!

Turin, Italy
1. Re: Visiting Turin

Dear Alan,

following your post we have answered to your questions by mail. We stay at your disposal for any other suggestions.

See you soon in Torino!

Malta
2. Re: Visiting Turin

...and I thank you for such prompt feedback! Most appreciated ;-) I shall look forward in hearing as well from fellow travellers.

Edited: 9:36 am, October 23, 2013
Turin, Italy
3. Re: Visiting Turin

I visit the museum Pietro Micca in Turin on 28 Oct 2013. The staff tells me that many parts of the tunnels are closed due to the recent rainfall. Since I am there already, I do not want to change my plan and come back again.

I am a Chinese from Hong Kong and do not speak much Italian. One of their stuff, Ms Bianco Lorella, helps me throughout the visit. She takes me to the upper hall, lower hall and small part of tunnels and explains to me on every item I seen. I learn the history of Pietro Micca and the siege of Turin in 1706. I am truly grateful for her hospitality. What a wonderful Italian I have ever met!

Malta
4. Re: Visiting Turin

Thanks 73Zoe - so what was your general impression of Turin? Any other places you visited? Did you venture out of Turin? Would love to hear your and other fellow travellers' impressions.

5. Re: Visiting Turin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 29, 2014