We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London England
reviews: 13
A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

Hi Turin Destination Experts - I need your help please.

1. From Caselle Airport to Porta Nuova station, is the airport bus the only option or is there also a train that takes you from the airport to Porta Nuova station? If it is only the airport bus, then where can I find the bus stop after coming out of the airport? Does the bus go direct to Porta Nuova or does it make some stops on the way?

2. Does Turin have a 3 or 5 day transport pass like other Italian cities which can used on public transport as many times as one likes and travel anywhere within the city? If so, what is the cost of 3 and 5 day passes and from where can I buy these? Can I get it at the airport and will it also do for the airport bus into the city? Where in the airport is the ticket kiosk please?

3 Is a hotel in the area near Porta Nuova station fairly safe to walk back from dinner at night if there are only 1 or 2 women alone?

Thanks guys... I'm sure you will be able to help me because I've always found Tripadvisor destination experts to be so knowledgeable.

Turin, Italy
1. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

Hi zigzag2,

we are the Tourist Information Board of Turin and we inform you that:

1- from the airport of Torino "Caselle" you can easily reach Torino Porta Nuova Railway Station by bus. It is a blue bus that you can find just outside of the arrival side of the airport. The bus is named Sadem and here you are the time table: http://www.sadem.it/media/6355/000268.pdf

You can buy ticket to the "Ricevitoria Office" in the arrival area or at the box machine. There are some stops on the way but the final destination is PORTA NUOVA.

2- An ordinary urban ticket is valid for 90 minutes and it cost € 1.50. You can opt to buy different passes, valid for 24 hours /48 hours or 72 hours from the first validation at cost price € 5.00 - € 7.50 - € 10.00. It does not exist the 5 day's version and all these passes do not include the Sadem bus to the airport.

Please find here all options you have:

http://www.comune.torino.it/gtt/en/fares/

Tickets are purchasable in any tabac and newspaper shops of Turin!

3- in Porta Nuova area there are many hotels, you can see availability and book the associated hotels and other accommodation in our website:

turismotorino.org/booking/…book_online

We are sure you will spend lovely time in Turin!

Turin
reviews: 1
2. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

1) There is a train that goes from Caselle to Turin, but it stops far from city center and Porta Nuova. Almost everybody uses the Sadem bus.

3) The area around Porta Nuova is quite safe, but it's always a railway station. Take the usual precautions for any large city in the world.

I'd say that the 2/3 porticoed blocks at the end of Via Nizza near Porta Nuova are a little seedy and maybe I wouldn't go there in the wee hours.

Via Nizza is on the on the eastern side of the station building, it divides Porta Nuova from the "almost-gentrified-full-of-pubs&restaurants" district of San Salvario.

London England
reviews: 13
3. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

Thank you very much Turismo Torino and NapOrsoCapo71 for your helpful information. I now have the information I asked for and can get on with organising my trip. I really appreciate all the trouble taken to send the replies.

North Yorkshire...
reviews: 232
4. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

the airport link to the seda bus gives this information

"One-way fare: Euro 6.50 (+0.50 € aboard). Euro 5.00 with TORINO+PIEMONTE CARD

Journey time: 45/50 minutes."

it does not mention a 1.50 euro ticket. Very strange. We might opt for a taxi - the airport page says 30 to 50 euros - what is it likely to be for a 10.00 am ride to the city? thank you.

Jean

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
5. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

It's not strange at all, the €1.50 price given above is for individual tickets on ordinary urban (GTT) buses within the city of Turin itself, not the SADEM - or Terravision - airport bus between the city and the airport (London airports also are not IN London!). The tourist office clearly mentioned that SADEM bus is not included in the city passes; and was answering your second question, not your first!

Edited: 9:08 am, December 18, 2013
North Yorkshire...
reviews: 232
6. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

oh yes sorry. Didn't read it through properly. Hijacked someone elses question. I will try not to rush through things too quickly in future.

7. Re: A few questions for Turin EXPERTS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, yesterday