We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe parking in Turin city centre

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 51
Safe parking in Turin city centre

Hi, we are a couple planning to travel to Turin for a day trip by rental car. Can anyone recommend location of a safe parking garage to leave the car for 6-8 hours during the day? We don't mind paying for parking, we just want to reduce the chance of our rental car being broken into. We are going to visit sites like the Egyptian museum so a central parking garage is ideal. Thanks! -Sharka

Turin, Italy
1. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

Dear Sharka,

a parking garage could be a good solution.

Please check Gtt parking map:

…torino.it/gtt/…index.shtml

Numbers 12, 13, 14 and 18 being the most central ones, rates from 1,50 € to 2,00 € x hour.

Have a nice day!

Turin
reviews: 1
2. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

Please remember that all Turin's city center is a camera controlled ZTL between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM, Monday through Friday. Moreover there are some streets across the center that are forbidden to visitors' cars 24/7.

Look very carefully for ZTL signs.

The good news is that I've never heard about a broken car in the centre, of course don't leave a complete set of Luis Vuitton bags in plain sight.

Asti, Italy
reviews: 2
3. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

Piazza Vittorio Veneto has a big underground parking lot and is as central as you can get, short walk up via Po to Piazza Castello and to the Egyptian museum. I never heard of any problems there.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 51
4. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

Thanks very much everyone!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 117
5. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

I am currently visiting Turin now, having driven in from Switzerand and we are using the santo stefano garage directly connecting to the NH hotel. Looks pretty safe so far!

Edited: 3:41 am, May 03, 2013
Turin
reviews: 1
6. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

Santo Stefano parking is inside the ZTL, hope you did your homework. The parking in Piazza Vittorio (post nr 3) is just outside the "gates".

Look this official map:

comune.torino.it/ztlpermessi/mappa/ztl.pdf

Poinciana, Florida...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

We're living here in Torino for the next few months and enjoy walking around without having to worry about parking. There are a number of parking garages under some of the main piazzas. I suggest you search Google Maps for "parking garages Torino, Italy" and print out the locations. In the meantime, I'll make note of the one's we come across and let you know.

8. Re: Safe parking in Turin city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Turin