We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuneo flights from England?

Which Cuneo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk England
reviews: 17
Cuneo flights from England?

We have just returned from a week in Torino and absolutely loved the culture cusine and gentleness of the city. We were going to visit the Barolo wine museum and took a train which was heading for Cuneo (where we due to change on route for Alba) Unfortunately the train broke down about 20mins from Turin train station and by the time they sent another one and we were deposited at CavallerMaggiore we were too late for our connecting train so 4hrs later having sat in trains and on train station platforms we arrived back in Turin! However I decided to check out Cuneo when we got home and it looks a very interesting place. Only problem is that we are having problems finding flights there from the UK. Ryanair have it on their list from London Stansted, but no flights show on site and I rang their office today only to be told the route is not operational! Can anybody give me any info on flights or indeed Cuneo itself. All replies will be gratefully received. Many thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Ryanair flights to Cuneo are ski flights that in the past have operated on Saturdays only from December to April or thereabouts. From memory they were from Birmingham and Stansted only last year.

Suffolk England
2. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Thank you for your reply! That would explain the confusion although Ryanair were unable to tell me that! I will have to think on about this one

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Other than approaching Cuneo by train from Turin, you can also come from Nice using the spectacular line up the Roya Valley …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH05-Nice-…

Suffolk England
4. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

That sounds very interesting....so we should try and get flights to Nice and then transport on I like that idea any websites you think will be helpful please?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
5. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Unfortunately the obvious official Cuneo tourism websites http://turismo.provincia.cuneo.it/ and …cuneo.gov.it/la-citta/ufficio-turistico.html are in Italian only, despite one of them having a UK flag to click! I'm sure there will be snippets around in English if you search.

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

I'm just back from Cuneo this weekend - got a flight for £24 by keeping beady eye on the specials (http://www.skyscanner.net is good for this). The airport is tiny which can be great for speedy exits, but the biggest drawback is there is NO shuttle bus between Cuneo airport and Cuneo town. Taxis are necessary at €60 round trip - not so bad if two people or more but for me it was over twice the price of the flight! Buses to Turin are free, bizarrely. The town is a typical northern Italian town, nice atmosphere and some friendly late night pavement cafes. Research some good places to eat before you go, they're not very easy to find on/near the main street and central piazza (pizzerias in the main) but I suspect there are some good neighbourhood eateries off the beaten track if you knew where to find them.

Suffolk England
7. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Thank you for your reply CambridgeSolo, interesting information. Where did you fly from?

Piemonte, Italy
reviews: 11
8. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

Just on the flights to Cuneo Levaldigi - Ryanair was using this airport for a couple of weeks in mid July as Turin airport runway was having maintainace. Normally it is only the saturday ski flights in winter that run to the UK from there. Turin is by far the easiest approach to Cuneo - Turin airport to Turin Porto Nuovo station by bus from outside arrivals, and then there are hourly direct trains to Cuneo from Porto Nuovo which take 1 hour 20 mins. Both train and bus rides cost approx €5-6 each.

9. Re: Cuneo flights from England?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cuneo