We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

singapore
reviews: 30
Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Hi there

I have read in many blogs and also some old forum posts here that Italians head for vacations in August. While we would love to visit Piedmont for the yummy food and wine, will we be missing out on lots of the good stuff if places remain closed?

Thanks for your advice!

Rome, Italy
reviews: 617
1. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

two weeks in italy and u wanna visit only piemonte?

have u ever been to italy before?

anyway my gf is from turin and she can help u out if u need it

singapore
2. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Hi mark

We were thinking of coupling that with one of the lake regions and Milan..yes first time to Italy! Wanted to avoid the very touristy places..though that may be asking for too much in August..any thoughts?

Perth, Western...
reviews: 239
3. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Any alpine area around Italy would be always lees crowded than any coastal area in August. Ceresole Reale offers the opportunity to walk around the local lake - obviously much less touristy of Maggiore and Orta lakes -, and through the southern Gran Paradiso National Park tracks.

There is nothing weird avoiding Rome or other metropolitan cities in the summer as most locals try to escape the heat and look for more tranquil areas to restore their senses.

piemonteitalia.eu/en/gestoredati/dettaglio/1…

Rome, Italy
4. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

well there are a few interesting, peaceful, romantic and sweet lakes around there but for the first time how can u miss rome, florence and venice...just to say some city?

if u r going to italy again then u r forgiven...

;-)

kidding, let me know what can i do for u

singapore
5. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Thanks Mark and Aussies11! Gran paradiso looks beautiful

Mark - yes ofcourse,,We couldnt possibly think of completing Italy in one trip:) Would love to know more about Piedmont..will send you my questions

Perth, Western...
6. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

On the way to Gran Paradiso you could stop at Caluso enoteca to sip some of the Erbaluce wines, sparkling and dry.

From there, within half an hour drive, could visit the Castello di Masino (castle) at Caravino or bike around lake Candia.

At Candia Canavese the restaurant Residenza del Lago is well Known for the quality food and nice ambience, although not being pricey.

singapore
7. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Oh awesome! thanks for these details Aussies11!!

Perth, Western...
8. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

At you disposal traveller584

Rome, Italy
9. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

i suggest to enjoy a bit the countyside in asti area

singapore
10. Re: Visiting in first 2 week of August - worth it?

Thanks Mark..I saw an email saying you had replied to my message, but I cant seem to find it..Would it be possible to send again?