We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

Can someone give me advice about buying Last Supper Tickets for Early September 2013

when do they go on Sale. Can you just buy them on there own.

La Scala Tour does anyone have advice for a Tour here. How to get Tickets

Arriving in Milan by Train to Milan Centrale Station at 9am leaving at 5pm for 1 Day can you suggest the most important places to see. Also is it easy to get to the places from this point or will we have to travel

Can you recommend a good cheap cafe for Lunch.

I would like to Visit the Canal would we be able to visit it on foot

Thanks so much

australia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

i would love to hear this reply. i am going to Milan in May and want ti know best way to see Last Supper

amanda

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 92
2. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

We also had only a few hours in Milan last May and we found the most comprehensive way to see a lot in a short time was to book a walking tour which culminated at the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie which is where the Last Supper mural is located. I don't believe it is possible to book tickets to view the mural there as they only allow a limited number of people per viewing and it is one of the most popular attractions in Milan. The site we used to book our tickets was :

www.lastsuppertickets.com

I can't remember how long before our trip that we booked the tickets but the sites will advise whether they are available now or not.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

I fear that the site referenced in reply #2 is not the official site for ticket sales, and is in fact a major rip-off. That site charges €39 for an adult ticket, whereas the real price is €8 (including booking fee). The official site is www.vivaticket.it/evento.php…

However, it is better to phone. The web site sometimes has problems, and there are always more places available by phone. From Australia, the number is 0011 39 02 928 00360

Booking in advance is essential, as visitor numbers are strictly limited to protect the art work.

Edited: 3:04 am, March 27, 2013
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
reviews: 344
4. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

About Last Supper most of the questions are replied here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-d314197/Milan…

Tickets go on sale on the official website about 3 months before (so in June it'll be possible to buy tickets for September). You can book them in advance through different sites (as the one mentioned in post #2) as these sellers have bought some slots for the whole year. Tickets in this way cost more.

---

About La Scala tour: teatroallascala.org/en/…tourists.html

---

There are thousands of places for lunches. It depends where you are.

For example the following are on my opnion quite cheap & easy lunch places:

- Princi (close to Duomo tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d2… or Cairoli http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d2410429-Reviews-Princi-Milan_Lombardy.html)

- Luini tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d1…

- La Bottega (reservation is mandatory) tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d3…

- Calù tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187849-d2…

---

About places to see, have a look to post #3 and pick your preferences for what you'd like to visit during your spare time tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187849-i143-k6269…

---

The Canal is the so called "Navigli" area and it's easily reachable by subway at Porta Genova stop (green line) or by bus but depends from wich point you are leaving or with a pleasant walk.

Enjoy Milan!

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

I should clarify that what we booked was a walking tour which included the Last Supper. It certainly wasn't the most expensive site. I can't recall what we paid but 39 euro probably sounds right and for what we got we were happy. Certainly it would be cheaper if you were just buying tickets for the Last Supper. The OP was asking for the most important places to see and we felt that this walking tour covered most of these in a short space of time.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
6. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

Well, the web site does say there is an "expert English commentary". People have to decide whether 15 minutes of commentary is worth €31.

Personally, I think the painting speaks for itself.

Edited: 4:53 am, March 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

I have to clarify one more thing. The commentary wasn't for the painting, which I agree speaks for itself. The 39 euro (or whatever we paid) was for the walking tour which included a ticket to the Last Supper. The tour was called The Best of Milan and Da Vinci's Last Supper tour. I reiterate, we had limited time in Milan and particularly wanted to see the painting but also wanted to see some of Milan so this tour seemed to fit the bill.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
8. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

That is not what is currently being offered on that web site for €39. The walking tour now seems to cost €57.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 32
9. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

There is a metro stop directly in front of the Duomo from Central, takes less than ten minutes. You can see the cathedral (don't miss the roof) and nip inside the most beautiful shopping arcade you will ever see and on the other side is La Scala. Down the road on a tram is where the Last Supper is situated....you can buy tram tickets from the tabac/souvenier stand at the metro exit. It's all within a few kilometers of each other.

Just ring for tickets... we did it one night and the operator spoke perfect English, paid over the phone ( 16Euros for 2) and while we were speaking the ticket email arrived. I would suggest a guide for the painting.. there is loads of info they can pass on. We actually listened to someone elses. If you do a bit of research you should be able to see what you want in your time frame.

Edited: 5:42 am, March 27, 2013
Sydney, Australia
10. Re: Last Supper Tickets for September 2013 & More

Thanks so much for all the t wonderful information.

Trip Advisor is a wonderful community